Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum docks
Drove by the launch yesterday on my way home from Payson and they were putting the ramps for the dock together, it was pretty late in the day so I suspect it will be today before they are in the water, docks were still moored out in the lake where they were during ice season
(03-31-2021, 01:28 PM)2knots Wrote: Drove by the launch yesterday on my way home from Payson and they were putting the ramps for the dock together, it was pretty late in the day so I suspect it will be today before they are in the water, docks were still moored out in the lake where they were during ice season
 Been a little tough to get on the lake the last 2 weeks. With out the dock usually that second person has a good chance of getting wet.
Howz the fishing out there on Hyrum with the open water? I see a boat out this morning on the dam cam... Pretty morning for sure... Can't tell very well from the cameras, but howz the level this year? Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Level is way up from ice season, I didn’t drive down to the swim beach lately but a couple of weeks ago there was almost no beach at all
(03-31-2021, 01:44 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Howz the fishing out there on Hyrum with the open water?  I see a boat out this morning on the dam cam...  Pretty morning for sure... Can't tell very well from the cameras, but howz the level this year?  Later Jeff
 You can catch 11" planters as fast as you want. I went to slow trolling a fly rod with a sparkle black bugger. Maybe go 100 ft and one on.  Tomorrow I will try locating perch.  Jeff how is your boat/motor coming along ?  Got my 90 rude on and love it. Gone once to Willard and 3 times to Hyrum. Went and got gas and put in .62 gallons of gas. Feel pretty good about that.
(03-31-2021, 03:09 PM)2knots Wrote: Level is way up from ice season, I didn’t drive down to the swim beach lately but a couple of weeks ago there was almost no beach at all
Good deal, I thought I seen trees floating by the boat ramp, so I wondered if they had filled it up...  I think the water agreement has the oldest rights on Hyrum, so they fill first, then they start to fill Porcupine after Hyrum is topped off. Glad they were at least able to fill Hyrum this year... Going to be a short water year... Thanks for the details Alan.... Later Jeff

Sounds like fun, good time to exercise the 3 Wt and have a blast... Thanks for the tips...

So is your motor a 90 hp?  If so that is incredible gas mileage... Sure hope my 60 hp will do similar... My old 115 hp used to take 5 gallons just to leave the ramp...  I think the Johnson and Evinrude's are supposed to be about the same engine, so you give me hope... Been thinking if the new motor is okay on fuel, I'll probably sell my 4 stroke 9.9 hp Yamaha, it was a bit big on my small boat as a trolling motor...

Anyway my new motor is all installed on the boat except for hooking up the wires to the controller, I needed to put on new connectors so an older motor matches the new controllers... and I didn't have the crimping plyers to connect the connectors for the Deutsch units... But they are ordered and sounds like somewhere from April 7-15 they are supposed to arrive... (Been waiting a month for them).. Anyway the project has been kind of fun and wasn't near as difficult as I thought at first..  Hasn't been cheap getting all the parts and pieces, but I should have known better when it didn't have the controls with it..  I didn't realize that you can spend more on controls than the motor, but I think I'll end up with a nice set up when I'm done... Thanks for asking... Later Jeff
Jeff
There is a 4 blade prop for the 9.9 that is 5 pitch that is supposed to really slow the boat down, I picked one up and will see how it is on Friday
(03-31-2021, 05:31 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 03:09 PM)2knots Wrote: Level is way up from ice season, I didn’t drive down to the swim beach lately but a couple of weeks ago there was almost no beach at all
Good deal, I thought I seen trees floating by the boat ramp, so I wondered if they had filled it up...  I think the water agreement has the oldest rights on Hyrum, so they fill first, then they start to fill Porcupine after Hyrum is topped off. Glad they were at least able to fill Hyrum this year... Going to be a short water year... Thanks for the details Alan.... Later Jeff

Sounds like fun, good time to exercise the 3 Wt and have a blast... Thanks for the tips...

So is your motor a 90 hp?  If so that is incredible gas mileage... Sure hope my 60 hp will do similar... My old 115 hp used to take 5 gallons just to leave the ramp...  I think the Johnson and Evinrude's are supposed to be about the same engine, so you give me hope... Been thinking if the new motor is okay on fuel, I'll probably sell my 4 stroke 9.9 hp Yamaha, it was a bit big on my small boat as a trolling motor...

Anyway my new motor is all installed on the boat except for hooking up the wires to the controller, I needed to put on new connectors so an older motor matches the new controllers... and I didn't have the crimping plyers to connect the connectors for the Deutsch units... But they are ordered and sounds like somewhere from April 7-15 they are supposed to arrive... (Been waiting a month for them).. Anyway the project has been kind of fun and wasn't near as difficult as I thought at first..  Hasn't been cheap getting all the parts and pieces, but I should have known better when it didn't have the controls with it..  I didn't realize that you can spend more on controls than the motor, but I think I'll end up with a nice set up when I'm done... Thanks for asking... Later Jeff

Jeff, did you check with Lee in Hyrum to see if he could help? He has helped me on my old 1989 40hp Johnson on the bass boat more than once
They will always fill Hyrum unless we turn into a complete desert. Keeping in full thru the summer is another story.
(04-01-2021, 02:25 PM)packfish Wrote: They will always fill Hyrum unless we turn into a complete desert. Keeping in full thru the summer is another story.
 They docks are in.
(04-01-2021, 12:28 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 05:31 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

Jeff, did you check with Lee in Hyrum to see if he could help? He has helped me on my old 1989 40hp Johnson on the bass boat more than once
I haven’t really got stuck on anything I can’t do yet. If I get stuck I’ve used him before and will check in. Starting to wonder if I got the correct pin size, I may have to do both ends of the wires, but once I have the tool it won’t be too bad. Thanks Jeff