Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge camping / boating?
So I've taken the boat to Flaming Gorge once a couple years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We camped at Hideout boat-in campground. Unfortunately, with everyone still planning their vacations close to home, Hideout is pretty booked up already and we would need room for 2-3 families. Does anyone have advice or suggestions on other sites? I see there are one or two other boat-in sites. Is there room for kids to play in the water there when not on the boat? (I really liked the shallows by Hideout) Are there any where we can take a camp trailer and leave the boat docked?  
Any tips and / or advice are appreciated. Feel free to PM me.
The Jarvies boat in campground is nice and I believe you can reserve sites there.  They also have a group site available, with private dock.  It has  a lot of trees, restrooms, pavilion/tables and is within a wakeless area.  Dutch John Draw has a group site.  It has a dock to moor your boat, but you can also drive into it.  It also has restrooms, a pavilion/tables and within a wakeless area, but very few trees.  Neither of these have beachy areas like Hideout, but there's lots of options for kids to swim, fish, jump off rocks, etc. 

Other options are Kingfisher Island and Boar's Tusk boat in campgrounds, but I believe those are first come, first serve.  If you want to bring a camper, look at either Lucerne or Cedar Springs Marina, which both have campgrounds associated with them and you can pay to slip your boat overnight.

Good luck, Ryno