Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay trip #5 & #6
Two WB trips 27 Mar and 1 Apr. Real simple to combine the fishing, but not catching reports.   

2 good solid SKUNKS   Huh   .  

[Image: 016-27-Mar-21-skunked.jpg]

[Image: 017-1-Apr-21-skunked.jpg]

exclude duplicates
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That’s to bad. Looking forward to a non skunk report from you, hopefully soon. Good luck.
Are you just targeting cats??
Has anyone caught walleyes? Legally..
(04-02-2021, 12:35 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Are you just targeting cats??
Has anyone caught walleyes?  Legally..

At this time of year when the water temps are still on the cold side and the air temps are making big swings from cold nites to warmish days, I'm targeting one of my favorite fish species............"anythingthatbites"   Big Grin .  

So far with 6 trips to WB, I've boated 3 Cats.......if that was a baseball stat I'd be batting .500....  that always sounds better to me   Rolleyes .
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-03-2021, 01:11 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:35 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Are you just targeting cats??
Has anyone caught walleyes?  Legally..

At this time of year when the water temps are still on the cold side and the air temps are making big swings from cold nites to warmish days, I'm targeting one of my favorite fish species............"anythingthatbites"   Big Grin .  

So far with 6 trips to WB, I've boated 3 Cats.......if that was a baseball stat I'd be batting .500....  that always sounds better to me   Rolleyes .
That sounds fair to me. I think these warmer days will help. Seems like cats like to roam and forage and the warmer water helps them cover more area. I’ve been noticing when the cats come through they are porpoising and sticking their dorsal fins out like sharks.. when I see that the bites begin. Really kind of fun to see them roll in like that. But maybe this is just a shallow water trait for spring, but it’s been accurate the last two nights anyway. Not a bite till I see the surface action and then right after it gets busy. Well good luck Forest, you’ll move up to batting .574 soon. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!