Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Garmin Striker Plus 4cv- no depth reading.
The troubleshooting on the garmin website isn't helping, and everything I'm finding online isn't working.[Image: 16174681915781849186713817300966.jpg]
It looks like your "Sensitivity" setting is too high. You can also get a screen looking like that when there's a bunch of algae clumps in the water.
(04-03-2021, 05:04 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It looks like your "Sensitivity" setting is too high. You can also get a screen looking like that when there's a bunch of algae clumps in the water.
Yeah I've been playing with it, it stops reading depth at about 7.6 feet so I am still working on that.
Has it worked before?
(04-03-2021, 07:15 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Has it worked before?
This is my first trip with it, now for whatever reason it will only read the depth when it is about 1.5 feet deep and when it is deeper than 9 feet
I think I'd return that one as defective. Take a few more screen photos and then box it up.
Did you try putting it on auto depth, also do you have the correct transducer selected in the menu if that’s an option
Do you have the transducer properly aligned?
(04-03-2021, 09:36 PM)2knots Wrote: Did you try putting it on auto depth, also do you have the correct transducer selected in the menu if that’s an option
===================================================
this is what I was going to tell you.
go to your settings. and read your manual  

download the manual here

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNu...ab=manuals

also try doing a factory reset

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Garmin Striker 4 Tutorial Device Configuration Settings [/color]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8qeQyF...ZOg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlp4HBm...ManBassing
Yes, auto depth did not fix it. It is possible the transducer got shifted, but it works and I still get the clearvu just no depth at those depths. I have looked at the manual a couple times, I'll have to look more in depth once I'm off the water
I have a similar problem with my new Lowrance hook 2 7". It will read depth while three boat is slowly moving then as I come to shut boat off and anchor and it's not moving no depth. Ive only been out twice so it's hard to troubleshoot but if anyone has suggestions I'm open. I adjusted transducer as it was 1 notch low but haven't been back out. Also the graphing on the sonar wasnt going across my screen like sonar wasnt working.
(04-04-2021, 01:48 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I have a similar problem with my new Lowrance hook 2 7". It will read depth while three boat is slowly moving then as I come to shut boat off and anchor and it's not moving no depth. Ive only been out twice so it's hard to troubleshoot but if anyone has suggestions I'm open. I adjusted transducer as it was 1 notch low but haven't been back out. Also the graphing on the sonar wasnt going across my screen like sonar wasnt working.
I would check your transducer angle, sounds to me like the back of it is to low and you get the return ping while moving but when stopped the return isn’t coming back
These new units are very power sensitive. They consume power like never before. Without adequate voltage to the unit, it does not work properly. Make sure you have adequate power to the unit. I am having to use a Lithium starting battery to maintain adequate voltage for my two units. If this is your only unit, look into a single, 12 volt Lithium battery to power it exclusively. It will also cut down interference from your motor if hooked up to your starting battery. Good luck.

One last thing, check with an outfit called BASS TANK. They seem to be one of the most knowledgeable outfits out there on these new sonar units.

The Bass Tank – Premium Fishing Productshttps://thebasstank.com
(04-04-2021, 01:48 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I have a similar problem with my new Lowrance hook 2 7". It will read depth while three boat is slowly moving then as I come to shut boat off and anchor and it's not moving no depth. Ive only been out twice so it's hard to troubleshoot but if anyone has suggestions I'm open. I adjusted transducer as it was 1 notch low but haven't been back out. Also the graphing on the sonar wasnt going across my screen like sonar wasnt working.

When I was having troubles with my Lowrance I found that it needed to have an update on the software.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Yesterday my Hummingbird would not read the bottom anywhere nor scroll forward, Everything else worked- the temp GPS and time. I went it to the menu and hit the default to original setting- worked great afterwards
Definitely some things to look into thanks for the ideas I will try them as soon as I'm cleared to get out there