Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay April 2nd evening
Got the boat out on the water around 430 and headed to light pole. I trolled from the light pole to the southwest corner. All I got was the big skunk but it was nice to enjoy the warm weather and see the boat was running good water temp said 53. Any week now we can all hope the fishing picks up.
(04-03-2021, 07:32 PM)tl23life94 Wrote: Got the boat out on the water around 430 and headed to light pole. I trolled from the light pole to the southwest corner. All I got was the big skunk but it was nice to enjoy the warm weather and see the boat was running good water temp said 53. Any week now we can all hope the fishing picks up.
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. Willard has been pretty slow lately, unless you were fishing for cats. We fished that same area a little over a week ago now and all we could pick up was a single cat. Were you trolling cranks or bottom bouncers?
(04-04-2021, 09:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 07:32 PM)tl23life94 Wrote: Got the boat out on the water around 430 and headed to light pole. I trolled from the light pole to the southwest corner. All I got was the big skunk but it was nice to enjoy the warm weather and see the boat was running good water temp said 53. Any week now we can all hope the fishing picks up.
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. Willard has been pretty slow lately, unless you were fishing for cats. We fished that same area a little over a week ago now and all we could pick up was a single cat. Were you trolling cranks or bottom bouncers?
Glad to be apart of the site! And yes I was trolling cranks I almost was gonna busy out the bouncers but didn’t end up doing that. Also had some chubs and shiners on hand and was thinking of throwing them out for some cats. Probably head back out this week sometime and will post another update ?
Welcome to the site. 

Willard is tough in the spring, Fish have a other things on there mind and until Curt and Ira start hammering the fish I just fish else where.  Big Grin

fnf Cool