Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Utah Lake
Slept in so it would be warm when we launched. Launched at Saratoga Springs. Water depth good. We tried in the marina to catch some white bass for bait. Nothing in the marina so we fired up the big motor and headed for Bird Island. A couple other boats around the island. Tried to get into the side I like but ran into some of Kents friends and visited with them for a bit. Their names were ROCKS Boulder and Lava I believe were there first names(No harm done)).After the visit with them we moved to another spot and anchored up in about 3' of water and threw out some worms and last years frozen white bass. Craig hit one in a couple of minutes and I thought here we go. Three hours later I caught one. Released them into some 350dgree oil and were set for dinner. A very nice but slow fishing day. Maybe should of got up earlier slow fishing day. Maybe should of got up earlier.[Image: unnamed-3.jpg][Image: unnamed-1.jpg][Image: unnamed-2.jpg]
Not sure that I would call them my friends, but I have met many of them (out there) before. Wow, you took a long boat ride just to get to Bird Island. I think you may have boated by some equally good spots to fish that weren't nearly as far of a boat ride.