Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring an old fishing pole
Hi everyone,

Something unbelievable happened while fishing today. I happened to be reeling in my line, when my line got really heavy. I could feel something dragging on the bottom of the pond. I realized that I hooked somebody else’s line. Being a good citizen, I brought in that line to try and dispose of it.

At the end of the line, there was a whole fishing pole. I caught it with my fishing pole.

Unbelievable.

I checked with all the fishermen at the pond, and no one was missing anything. This pole was on the bottom of the pond for a while.

Anyway, it’s a rod and reel, looks in pretty good condition. I’m trying to figure out how to restore it and get it fully functioning again. The pole is a South Bend “Take Me Fishing” Pole, 4‘6“, spinning rod. Model number C/TMF-462MLS.

I realize this is a kids pole, but I thought I’d be a good idea to have a project to work on.

The reel is still functional, and still works. I just trying to figure out what else is pole needs and what to check.

Any advice on restoring this pole will be much appreciated.

Jared
Just need to check the eyes for alignment, make sure the handle is tight and it'll probably need a new reel.