Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willard - One and done
Spent three hours this morning dragging and drifting the feedlot. I found one kitty silly enough to taste my flig.  Several pop and drops interrupted what should have been a dang fine nap. Weather was beautiful. Water temp was 53 degrees.  It's getting better but still has a ways to go. Oh well. You don't know if you don't go. 

Larry
(04-05-2021, 09:56 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Spent three hours this morning dragging and drifting the feedlot. I found one kitty silly enough to taste my flig.  Several pop and drops interrupted what should have been a dang fine nap. Weather was beautiful. Water temp was 53 degrees.  It's getting better but still has a ways to go. Oh well. You don't know if you don't go. 

Larry
Soon, my son....soon.

Wanna gang up on 'em maybe sometime next week?
TD, sure. A day on the water beats a day watching Oprah. Either Willard or Utah Lake would be great.
(04-06-2021, 03:19 AM)FatBiker Wrote: TD, sure. A day on the water beats a day watching Oprah. Either Willard or Utah Lake would be great.
Hitting Utah Lake tomorrow morning.  PM me if you are interested.
(04-06-2021, 04:00 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 03:19 AM)FatBiker Wrote: TD, sure. A day on the water beats a day watching Oprah. Either Willard or Utah Lake would be great.
So, I've got to hear how this trip went?  I've never seen Pat target a stormy day for a tubing trip... Did it get cancelled for weather, or did you have something else in mind that I need to learn about?  Did you have an appointment with and eye that needed to happen on schedule? I suspect it's time for me to take out my notebook again...  Good luck...and later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-06-2021, 05:47 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
So, I've got to hear how this trip went?  I've never seen Pat target a stormy day for a tubing trip... Did it get cancelled for weather, or did you have something else in mind that I need to learn about?  Did you have an appointment with and eye that needed to happen on schedule? I suspect it's time for me to take out my notebook again...  Good luck...and later Jeff
Don't know what weather forecasting service you use, but mine says that the area of Utah Lake I plan to fish tomorrow will be calm (3 mph wind) and clear...but cool (34 at launch).  You have fished with me enough to know that I don't do wind.

Report to follow.
(04-06-2021, 07:37 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 05:47 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
Don't know what weather forecasting service you use, but mine says that the area of Utah Lake I plan to fish tomorrow will be calm (3 mph wind) and clear...but cool (34 at launch).  You have fished with me enough to know that I don't do wind.

Report to follow.
Looks like I got days mixed up, I thought it was yesterday you were planning on the trip... Now it makes more sense, however right after the cold front and storms, I wonder if it will be a slow day... would for me, but then again you seem to catch fish when I can't even get bait on my hook.  Good luck today, hope you have an enjoyable trip and I'm looking forward to seeing the trip report...  We are at 23 degrees overnight so I'll bet it is a cold start for you this morning... But the day looks beautiful... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!