Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter Creek Spring 'Bow Trip
Camped & fished at Otter Creek Reservoir last Wed-Fri. Weather was all over the place from comfortably warm 70's to 21 degrees at night under clear skies (we were tent camping), some wind and some flat calm days. Took a bit to figure out how to avoid the planter 'Bows and coax the big boys to bite. Ended up with the right formulas of dodger/squids, Mack's lures, and Rapalas to consistently catch 2-4 4lb fish. It was a great time. No one up there except a few locals. Shore fisherman did not seem to be catching much.

TiteLines[Image: Otter-Creek-Bow1.jpg]

[Image: Otter-Creek-Bow2.jpg]

[Image: Otter-Creek-Bow3.jpg]

[Image: Otter-Creek-Bow4.jpg]

[Image: Otter-Creek-Bow5.jpg]

[Image: Otter-Creek.jpg]
Nice report and pictures. Otter creek is one of my favorite places because it always holds an free adventure whether good or bad it's a story I have to remember with my dad who is always there. But I'm curious did you get the camp ground next to the water and park your boat by you?
(04-06-2021, 06:51 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Nice report and pictures. Otter creek is one of my favorite places because it always holds an free adventure whether good or bad it's a story I have to remember with my dad who is always there. But I'm curious did you get the camp ground next to the water and park your boat by you?
Sorry, didn't get a notice anyone replied to my post...

We camped in the tent camping area. Lots of RV's on the beach side and I didn't want to pay $40/night just for electricity, plus no way to stake down tents over there since it's all asphalt now. There were only a few boats all week, so launching was quick & easy.

TiteLines[Image: Otter-Creek-Camp.jpg]
Man I love otter creek and I love your pictures. It makes me feel like I'm there, guess that's just one reason why we have this site huh!! I have great memories there. I have a travel trailer but I'm going to sell it. So I may doing the tent thing for a couple years did you have too pay for extra spot to park your boat? Sorry I don't know if they charge for tent spots or not.
(04-18-2021, 07:32 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Man I love otter creek and I love your pictures. It makes me feel like I'm there, guess that's just one reason why we have this site huh!! I have great memories there. I have a travel trailer but I'm going to sell it. So I may doing the tent thing for a couple years did you have to pay for extra spot to park your boat? Sorry I don't know if they charge for tent spots or not.
Glad you liked the post! Tent spots are $20/night. Nothing extra to park the boat. They made the pull-in areas long enough for a boat trailer. Hope you get up there. Should be great Spring fishing for quite some time.

TiteLines