Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troll Master, any body have one ??
I got a troll master a while back and just installed it last week. I haven't had a chance to test it out on the water yet, but it all
seems to work just fine. I don't have the steer control yet only the throttle control, the steer is another 500 bucks.
I have a question for any one who might know anything about them.
   ok so, there is no on/off switch on the control box, I have it hooked up to my main battery. will it drain the battery if I leave it hooked up ??
Or should I unhook it when not in use.    Thanks.
you should have bought the itroll 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG25pOE_...ll4Fishing
I don't think it would pull much from the battery when not in use, but it would be a simple matter to install a simple on/off switch.
Life is not about how to avoid the storm but rather how to dance in the rain!
(04-06-2021, 01:47 PM)utwalleye Wrote: I got a troll master a while back and just installed it last week. I haven't had a chance to test it out on the water yet, but it all
seems to work just fine. I don't have the steer control yet only the throttle control, the steer is another 500 bucks.
I have a question for any one who might know anything about them.
   ok so, there is no on/off switch on the control box, I have it hooked up to my main battery. will it drain the battery if I leave it hooked up ??
Or should I unhook it when not in use.    Thanks.
Hey Chuck, wiperslayer I both have one on our boats and they are one of the best investments I've ever made, even without the steering function. There is an on and off switch built into the units, it is that red button at the bottom. Unless the model you have is different than the one we have. I turn mine off at the end of each trip but I also have a purco switch wired into my boats electrical system.
If yours does not have the on off switch Curt is describing it would be best to put an on off switch on. Then if you’re voltage ramps up or down, say with a dead or charging battery, your control unit is not getting below specification voltage.
I have the trollmaster 2, it has an on/off control. No drain on the battery at all. Been using it for over 16yrs. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-06-2021, 10:54 PM)MrShane Wrote: If yours does not have the on off switch Curt is describing it would be best to put an on off switch on. Then if you’re voltage ramps up or down, say with a dead or charging battery, your control unit is not getting below specification voltage.
Here is a pic of my troll master, Chuck must have a different model, if it doesn't look like this, on/off switch is clearly visible.

[Image: 20210406-192651-HDR.jpg]
(04-06-2021, 03:43 PM)liketrolling Wrote: you should have bought the itroll 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG25pOE_...ll4Fishing
Yep!   And with HUNT mode.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-07-2021, 01:42 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 10:54 PM)MrShane Wrote: If yours does not have the on off switch Curt is describing it would be best to put an on off switch on. Then if you’re voltage ramps up or down, say with a dead or charging battery, your control unit is not getting below specification voltage.
Here is a pic of my troll master, Chuck must have a different model, if it doesn't look like this, on/off switch is clearly visible.

[Image: 20210406-192651-HDR.jpg]
This is the same as mine. Its upgradeable to the Pro 3. The original basic model I started with on my last boat did have the on/off. The servos can and do burn out but also can be purchased at a model/hobby store without buying a complete new Trollmaster kit. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
mine does not look like any of these, mine is the troll master pro 3 wireless remote control, it does have a red button on the back but that is a paring button that pares the remote to the control box, and then a activity indicator light. maybe it just sits with no draw at all and when activated it draws power at that time. I guess I will look into it a little more. thanks for every ones help.