Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Edges on Soldier Creek Side???
I went out a couple times last week to the soldier creek side of the berry and the ice was still fine.  I could tell that the edges might give way to the warmer temps and rising water.  Anyone been up there recently that could give a report?  
Fishing-wise, the early bite was best.  Lots of bows and some kokes were caught.  Caught cuts as well, but nothing of great size.
Our group lost 2 fish to an eagle that had more hunger than fear of people.  Swooped down right over my head and grabbed a fish off the hard deck mere feet away from one of the guys in our group.  He put his fish in a bucket after that.  The second time, one of the guys was recording the bird and talking about how it wanted to take our fish.  The bird, on cue, came down for another fish right through the middle of us all.  Coolest crazy thing I may have ever seen ice fishing.
Wow, crazy! That happened to me a few years ago (Soldier Creek, just after the first turn-off). A juvenile Golden Eagle, swooped right over my Uncle's head (its tail feathers hit his cap) and it grabbed the largest fish we had on the deck. It could only fly a few feet away because it was too heavy...so we threw it a smaller one and it took off happy as can be. I'll try and find the crappy video we took. I'd love to see your friend's video!