Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Snacks
What do you like taking? I keep a small propane stove in my boat for use as warming a hot meal prepared the night before, its not used to cook with. There is a variety to choose from in the frozen section super market, I'll take Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches on occasion removed from their plastic seal & wrap in foil for heating, or some pastries, orange wedges and can't forget a good meaty sandwich with chips as early afternoon comes on.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Have taken MRE's in the past on my first, bigger boat. The MRE with the chem heater.  Now on my current little boat I sometimes take my small cooler with various snack items. Just never bananas...... Big Grin .
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I agree with no bananas  Confused
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
My kids like hostess mini donuts that you buy in the bags,I like jerkey. Pb&j is another one our favorite. And if we forget my diet Pepsi or diet Mt dew then might as well cancel the whole trip cause life is ending.....
Bananas are always welcome on my boat and I'm the one who regularly takes them onboard.
Summer sausage and cheese
I buy TOTMs by the case (the 2/3 size MRE) because few things are more welcome than a hot meal on a boat. I'm not a big snacker, but it's hard to beat some good jerky once in a while. Apples are always good. I stick with water most of the time for drinks, sometimes will add some lemonade powder but usually just cold water.
[Image: no-banans-on-board-520x458.jpg] [Image: No-babanas-on-the-boat.jpg]
Harrisville UT
I always take the Big Three: 1. protein (beef stick or jerky), 2. salty (Fritos, chips), and 3. sweet(dried mango, payday bar).
Water as the go to drink, after my morning coffee.
I have been convinced by Kent that bananas really don't matter much. 
When your Hot, your Hot. When your Not, your Not.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
I keep a large resealable bag of Smokehouse almonds on board at all times. I don't have a lot of appetite when fishing out in the hot sun so I don't usually take much else. But I do take a large drink cooler full of ice and Mtn Dew. I also try to hit McDonald's and fill up before I head out.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Maggots, worms, carp meat, & minnows.  The fish love em!  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-19-2021, 02:07 PM)dubob Wrote: Maggots, worms, carp meat, & minnows.  The fish love em!  Big Grin
I was convinced it was the stink flavors on your fingers from procure while eating a sandwich.  Shy
Harrisville UT
No suprise (see tag line) i rarely venture out without jerky or some sorta beef stick. Also cheese stick and crackers (ritz). I dont think my bride would survive a long trip without a bag of red licorice.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I will not go Lake Trout fishing on Faming Gorge without an ice cream bucket full of my wifes Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies on board. We will not eat the last one because of the good luck it brings. After my wife telling a coworker about having to get home to make the cookies for several different trips and then showing pictures of the big Lakers we caught. The coworker said they had planned a trip to Flaming Gorge and needed the cookie recipe. My wife gladly obliged. The next week at work my wife asked how the cookies turned out. Her coworker replied good but they had a real hard time keeping them on the hook and wanted to know how we did it. You just can't make the funniest things up
(04-19-2021, 02:07 PM)dubob Wrote: Maggots, worms, carp meat, & minnows.  The fish love em!  Big Grin

Being the dedicated ice fisherman you are, I figured you kept your spikes inside your lower lip, like chew, but I didn't realize you swallowed.  Sad
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-08-2021, 01:36 PM)Bduck Wrote: What do you like taking? I keep a small propane stove in my boat for use as warming a hot meal prepared the night before, its not used to cook with. There is a variety to choose from in the frozen section super market, I'll take Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches on occasion removed from their plastic seal & wrap in foil for heating, or some pastries, orange wedges and can't forget a good meaty sandwich with chips as early afternoon comes on.

Sandwiches, fried chicken, yesterday’s pizza, chips, whatever you want but no bananas.