Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 04/07/2021
Well,
I headed out the North Marina about 10:30am. Trolled North and then down the West dike (9 to 15 ft. Water temp @ 54) with Bottom Bouncers out each side, Both with Fligs, one tipped with Sucker meat, the other with a Shiner...nada.
Changed up to a worm Harness and a different Flig with Perch meat...nada.
Then headed out in open water for a while and then up to the South Marina and Trolled North along the East side with the Harness and a Crankbait (done well with it  years past) hoping for an early season Wiper, Again, nothing Doing.
Packed it up and headed home about 3pm, wasn't for lack of trying...Awesome sunny relaxing day though and my boat ran great so no worries!
(04-08-2021, 04:28 PM)theresahit Wrote: Well,
I headed out the North Marina about 10:30am. Trolled North and then down the West dike (9 to 15 ft. Water temp @ 54) with Bottom Bouncers out each side, Both with Fligs, one tipped with Sucker meat, the other with a Shiner...nada.
Then headed out in open water for a while and then up to the South Marina and Trolled North along the East side with the Harness and a Crankbait (done well with it  years past) hoping for an early season Wiper, Again, nothing Doing.
Packed it up and headed home about 3pm, wasn't for lack of trying...Awesome sunny relaxing day though and my boat ran great so no worries!
Things will get better.  At least they can't get much worse...fishingwise.  As I'm sure you'll agree, a good day of fishing does not always have to include fish.  (But it's better if it does)
(04-08-2021, 04:28 PM)theresahit Wrote: Well,
How fast were you trolling? We usually troll cranks and fligs at different speeds.