Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard was decent today
Ira and I got out there today, water temp was 50 degrees at 7:30 am. Started trolling toward the island and picked up my first wiper of the year
[Image: firstwiper-2021.jpg]
One of TD's modified worm fligs did the trick for this wiper. We were going 1.5 mph and using 1/2 oz weight to keep the flig down. Spent hours searching for more but finally moved East toward Freeway bay, slowed our speed to .5 mph and picked up a dozen cats up to 23 inches. Mild to no breeze most of the day but it was starting to come up as we were leaving around 2pm Water temp 53.
[Image: willard-4-8-21.jpg]
This is great to hear. The fam will be up night fishing from shore sat night on the south marina. Would love to watch a wiper come to the shore.
Good job. Great to hear that the fish are getting more active. If it isn't too windy, I'm planning on a trip tomorrow
it was pretty windy today at our house, 15-25 mph with gusts over 40 so we thought it was going be too windy but guess it wasn't bad on that side - Nice job you two!
I was all set to drive up to the Gorge for the day today but the big 'W' was hampering plans with today being the worse with high gusts. As a loner I stayed in the safety of my home in hopes for another day REEL soon.  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-09-2021, 02:52 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Ira and I got out there today, water temp was 50 degrees at 7:30 am. Started trolling toward the island and picked up my first wiper of the year
[Image: firstwiper-2021.jpg]
One of TD's modified worm fligs did the trick for this wiper. We were going 1.5 mph and using 1/2 oz weight to keep the flig down. Spent hours searching for more but finally moved East toward Freeway bay, slowed our speed to .5 mph and picked up a dozen cats up to 23 inches. Mild to no breeze most of the day but it was starting to come up as we were leaving around 2pm Water temp 53.
[Image: willard-4-8-21.jpg]
Sweet job ? what is this work flig where could I get some of these fligs looks like they are always working for cats be fun to try something new ?
(04-09-2021, 02:28 PM)tl23life94 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 02:52 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: One of TD's modified worm fligs did the trick for this wiper. We were going 1.5 mph and using 1/2 oz weight to keep the flig down. Spent hours searching for more but finally moved East toward Freeway bay, slowed our speed to .5 mph and picked up a dozen cats up to 23 inches. Mild to no breeze most of the day but it was starting to come up as we were leaving around 2pm Water temp 53.
Sweet job ? what is this work flig where could I get some of these fligs looks like they are always working for cats be fun to try something new ?
Since I'm to blame for fliggin' I'll post up some info.  First on basic fligs and then on the new "Whirly Fligs".  I don't have a big commercial operation but I have been known to "download" a few to fellow BFTers.
(04-09-2021, 03:09 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 02:28 PM)tl23life94 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 02:52 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: One of TD's modified worm fligs did the trick for this wiper. We were going 1.5 mph and using 1/2 oz weight to keep the flig down. Spent hours searching for more but finally moved East toward Freeway bay, slowed our speed to .5 mph and picked up a dozen cats up to 23 inches. Mild to no breeze most of the day but it was starting to come up as we were leaving around 2pm Water temp 53.
Since I'm to blame for fliggin' I'll post up some info.  First on basic fligs and then on the new "Whirly Fligs".  I don't have a big commercial operation but I have been known to "download" a few to fellow BFTers.
Sweet info thank you sounds like something I’m going to need to try if I see you out at Willard I’ll have to come bug you for a bit and buy some of your made fligs from you they sure do look real nice!
(04-09-2021, 02:28 PM)tl23life94 Wrote: Sweet job ? what is this work flig where could I get some of these fligs looks like they are always working for cats be fun to try something new ?
Yeah, TubeDude is the man for all things flig, I'm sure he can set you up.
(04-09-2021, 04:41 AM)jjannie Wrote: it was pretty windy today at our house, 15-25 mph with gusts over 40 so we thought it was going be too windy but guess it wasn't bad on that side - Nice job you two!
Windfinder was saying it wasn't suppose to come up until 2pm. It was a little breezy the first thing in the morning but nothing over 5 mph. Maybe the tide has turned and the catching will pick up from here on out.
(04-09-2021, 03:40 AM)FatBiker Wrote: Good job. Great to hear that the fish are getting more active. If it isn't too windy, I'm planning on a trip tomorrow
Thanks Larry and good luck today.
(04-09-2021, 04:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 03:40 AM)FatBiker Wrote: Good job. Great to hear that the fish are getting more active. If it isn't too windy, I'm planning on a trip tomorrow
Thanks Larry and good luck today.
good job better get out with fligs thanks pat, tell ira hi for me from carl.

Big Grin
(04-10-2021, 03:46 AM)otigar Wrote: good job better get out with fligs thanks pat, tell ira hi for me from carl.

Big Grin
You probably already told him.  Pretty sure he will read this.

Say hi to Buffy...and tell her the fligs are for fishin'...not earrings.  They may be purty, and go in easy, but they will smart a bit coming back out.
(04-10-2021, 12:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 03:46 AM)otigar Wrote: good job better get out with fligs thanks pat, tell ira hi for me from carl.

Big Grin
You probably already told him.  Pretty sure he will read this.

Say hi to Buffy...and tell her the fligs are for fishin'...not earrings.  They may be purty, and go in easy, but they will smart a bit coming back out.
lmao for sure i will tell her make her laugh!