Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Grandslam Challenge Entry/Rules
Looks like we are going to do it...Welcome to the 2021 Grand Slam Challenge (that is if you sign up)

IE a contest to see who can catch the most species of fish in Utah. 

Pretty basic rules

1- Contest starts April 12th (Monday) and Ends Nov 21st (Sunday)
2- Fish must be caught in legal bodies of water in Utah with legal methods
3- To enter, create a post on the contest board stating " 2021 Grand Slam Challenge"
4- To post an entry, take a photo along side a Grand Slam placard (attached) and include date, species and location and post on the Utah Fishing Contest forum - you know the drill just like the cat or ice contest.
5- No measurements required
6- A prize will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If a tie occurs the winners will be based on earliest post.
7- No cost to enter. Just must be a BFT member.

That's is about it (I am sure more clarification will be required as we start up)

Contest is meant to be a fun way to encourage exploring new waters for new species and sharing your journey with us.

Cookie's Corner (My brides business) will be donating the first place prize (a nice ultra light rod) we have not bought it yet, so I dont have the specs

I will Moderate and Cookie will track the entries

Examples of species can be found in the back of the DWR Fishing Proclamation.

PM me with questions and get fishing

Attached Files Image(s)

Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
"4- To post an entry, take a photo along side a Grand Slam placard (attached) and include date, species and...."

No placard attached here ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Is this game fish only?
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(04-11-2021, 11:19 AM)Tin-Can Wrote: "4- To post an entry, take a photo along side a Grand Slam placard (attached) and include date, species and...."

No placard attached here ?

can you see the attachment now?

(04-11-2021, 01:08 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Is this game fish only?

If it was me doing the grandslam it would be only game fish, but for the purposes of this contest its any legal fish you can catch (Carp, shiners, suckers, all count)

So long as its legal to catch and a legal method to catch it - it will count - should mean some fun and unusual  stories get posted.

I will also count one non fish species - crawdads - as they are a great addition to some fishing trips and I love to hear about good old fashion crawdad boils.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-11-2021, 02:15 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
  Yep, I see it now .  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey did you want us to put our names after the grand slam challenge like on our other contest posts? I figure you do, but thought I'd mention it since it wasn't mentioned in the rules... Thanks for doing this.. I'll have to get my first easy ones on the list... Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Will mirror carp be in the same as common carp? Grass carp? White crappie vs black crappie? Or will it just be carp and crappie as a whole
(04-16-2021, 02:28 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Will mirror carp be in the same as common carp? Grass carp? White crappie vs black crappie? Or will it just be carp and crappie as a whole

Great question. I will count mirror carp and white crappie as differnt cause I am pretty sure I will be able to tell the difference from your photo. I need to look at some grass carp photos to answer that one. In general if its very clear in a photo that we have a recognized differnt species. I am happy to count it. May request a bit of help from members on occasion to validate species
Rule update -

To help with keeping this contest simple and fun, if you are in the catfish contest you can use that placard as an option for the slam contest too, so long as it is the 2021 cat placard. That will help with you with not hauling around two placard or forgetting the one you need that day.
Sweet update there, I have missed a couple fish because i didn't have the placard... Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-22-2021, 01:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sweet update there, I have missed a couple fish because i didn't have the placard... Thanks Jeff

Ya a few people have