Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville res
Hit grantsville res the last couple fridays in the yak, last friday I got 29 bows, this Friday I got 12, both times I talked to many others and most said no bites or they lost one... crazy what difference using artificials will do when everyone else is using power bait, all my fish were either on a 2" maniac minnow or a 1.5" maniac cutter bug, planter trout some with all there fins and up around 16" are super fun in the kayak with a 4'6" ultralight and 4lb floro!! Took my dad fishing, it was his first time in probably 7 years, he's had cancer and had both valves redone in his heart so we stuck to shore fishing and ive never seen someone so excited! He got his on a rooster tail... his favorite lure since he was a kid and still a good producer!  He even went and bought a year license and a new push button rod just for this year! Hopefully he gets a few more trips in, im gonna take him for whitties here in a few weeks! [Image: 20210409-101034.jpg]
Sounds like you've been doing well. Glad you got your dad out. I still like fishing rooster tails. Good looking brittany with ya guys too.
Thanks ive got 3 britts, a 9 year old male, 3 year old female and a 3 month old pup from my female
That Smile says it all
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
How is the smallmouth fishing at Grantsville? I work with a fellow who fishes there and he hasn't had much luck with them.
I caught a few last summer, 1 this year so far... they are a catch and kill on site tho ? just like pike at utah lake

#smallmouth&pikelivesmatter!

There's also been a shortage on craws, seems most made there way down to the irrigation pond down the road. Where there's no fish
(04-11-2021, 10:13 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Hit grantsville res the last couple fridays in the yak, last friday I got 29 bows, this Friday I got 12, both times I talked to many others and most said no bites or they lost one... crazy what difference using artificials will do when everyone else is using power bait, all my fish were either on a 2" maniac minnow or a 1.5" maniac cutter bug, planter trout some with all there fins and up around 16" are super fun in the kayak with a 4'6" ultralight and 4lb floro!! Took my dad fishing, it was his first time in probably 7 years, he's had cancer and had both valves redone in his heart so we stuck to shore fishing and ive never seen someone so excited! He got his on a rooster tail... his favorite lure since he was a kid and still a good producer!  He even went and bought a year license and a new push button rod just for this year! Hopefully he gets a few more trips in, im gonna take him for whitties here in a few weeks! [Image: 20210409-101034.jpg]
We were there Saturday. We never keep trout but the place is so close why not get out and fish for a bit. We also use artificial. Either crank baits or fly fishing. We did a little of both with good success. Didn't keep count but had to be around 30-40 in 4.5 hours. Lots of small fish this spring. The wife got one of the nicer ones at the end of the video. My go pro died because I forgot my battery pack. Fun day and even though it was windy it was good catching.    https://photos.app.goo.gl/3jpGDCXJidZ3rz3k9