Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River?
My friend wants to catch his first brown and asked me for help. I knew just the place... The Weber! But I don't know if the run-off "chocolate milk" water stage has begun. With all the rain that happened, my hopes aren't high. Has anyone been up there recently? Thanks!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
(04-15-2021, 04:20 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: My friend wants to catch his first brown and asked me for help. I knew just the place... The Weber! But I don't know if the run-off "chocolate milk" water stage has begun. With all the rain that happened, my hopes aren't high. Has anyone been up there recently? Thanks!
Have been on the Weber several times over the past two weeks.  Saturday the 10th was the last.  The river was not chocolate milk but it was stained.  If there was a log or rock in the water you could see it for at least 12-16 inches.  I was fly fishing with nymphs and was able to pick up several with small zebra midges, etc.  My son has also gone up and done well with spinners and plastics.
With the weather the past few days I don't know how the river has changed.  
As far as Browns go....for many years I could always catch brown's.  75% of them would be a Brown.  Whitefish would have been the next highest catch, then Cutt's, and last Rainbow.
However, over the past 2 years I have seen a huge swap (at least where I fish).  Now I would say that 65% of the catch are Cutts (good sized ones too!).  Then Browns, Whitefish, and Rainbow.
I still think the Weber is awesome for Browns....just not sure where they all went.
I fished the weber a ton during jan. and feb. and the most abundant species (to my location) was browns with cutts coming in a close second. We tried for a whitefish but we CAN NOT GET ONE! No matter how much we tried! We ended up winging it and found that the river was fine. Thanks for the info!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.