Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glad He Didn't Bite Me!
Glad he bit the fly and not my hand! That could have gone really bad for me. Toothy bugger!

[Image: Troy-Adams-4-16-21-C.jpg]
Beautiful fish and great pic!
Nice fish and great pic! Just a suggestion though. Your not allowed to advertise YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. So you should probably take out that part... No hate just letting ya know. But still a great fish!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
(04-19-2021, 07:47 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: Nice fish and great pic! Just a suggestion though. Your not allowed to advertise YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. So you should probably take out that part... No hate just letting ya know. But still a great fish!
Thanks it's edited.
Wow, that thing does have some teeth. It looks like a bow to me but I can't say I've ever seen one like that, do they only get those teeth when they get big and old or did I miss ID it?
(04-20-2021, 12:53 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, that thing does have some teeth. It looks like a bow to me but I can't say I've ever seen one like that, do they only get those teeth when they get big and old or did I miss ID it?
It is a rainbow, but has bigger teeth than what I normally see on them.
(04-20-2021, 01:28 PM)Big Sky Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 12:53 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, that thing does have some teeth. It looks like a bow to me but I can't say I've ever seen one like that, do they only get those teeth when they get big and old or did I miss ID it?
OK, so that must also mean that big bows, like that one, are meat eaters, for some reason I always thought bows did not eat other fish. Maybe when they are smaller they don't?
(04-20-2021, 01:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:28 PM)Big Sky Wrote:
OK, so that must also mean that big bows, like that one, are meat eaters, for some reason I always thought bows did not eat other fish. Maybe when they are smaller they don't?
The definitely become meat eaters as they get older. Biologist have a technical term for when they convert from mostly insects to eating fish called piscivorous.
I've heard that term before, I just thought it did not apply to bows. I learned something new today Cool
I caught some hook jaw Rainbows. The males defiantly had some big teeth going on during the spawn.

[Image: IMG-2636.jpg]

(04-19-2021, 06:16 PM)Big Sky Wrote: Glad he bit the fly and not my hand! That could have gone really bad for me. Toothy bugger!

[Image: Troy-Adams-4-16-21-C.jpg]
Very nice FISH!