Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SH Spring Bite
Water temps have hit the upper 50's at SH, and the bass are really waking up and starting to stage for the spawn. I went out a few times last week during the isolated storms and wind, wish I find to be the best conditions to be out there for both fishing, and avoiding the Little Valley Wake Boat Crowd. Throwing SBs and CBs as the wind moved me along was money. Big females weren't up yet, but endless amounts of males with an occasional smaller female sprinkled in. Nothing more fun to me than a great SB/CB bite! Nearly ripping the rod out of your hand when they hit, just nothing better. With the upcoming forecast of 90s, they should really start to lock down up in the shallows and then the structure pitching can begin! Can't wait! 

[Image: Screenshot-20210416-201014-Video-Player.jpg]

[Image: 20210416-182518.jpg]

[Image: 20210416-190342.jpg]

[Image: 20210417-164728.jpg]
Looks some fun fishing. If it wasn't such a drive to make it there I'd be all over it. Nothing better than aggressive bites trying to take your pole away.
Some real nice LMB. Can't wait to see some of them females in your photo frame
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-19-2021, 09:21 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Water temps have hit the upper 50's at SH, and the bass are really waking up and starting to stage for the spawn. I went out a few times last week during the isolated storms and wind, wish I find to be the best conditions to be out there for both fishing, and avoiding the Little Valley Wake Boat Crowd. Throwing SBs and CBs as the wind moved me along was money. Big females weren't up yet, but endless amounts of males with an occasional smaller female sprinkled in. Nothing more fun to me than a great SB/CB bite! Nearly ripping the rod out of your hand when they hit, just nothing better. With the upcoming forecast of 90s, they should really start to lock down up in the shallows and then the structure pitching can begin! Can't wait! 

Just got down here for a few days really surprised at how low the water is going to be fishing much different patterns then last year at this time. The flooded brush I expected to fish is high and dry.
(04-20-2021, 02:35 AM)Gone Forever Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 09:21 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Water temps have hit the upper 50's at SH, and the bass are really waking up and starting to stage for the spawn. I went out a few times last week during the isolated storms and wind, wish I find to be the best conditions to be out there for both fishing, and avoiding the Little Valley Wake Boat Crowd. Throwing SBs and CBs as the wind moved me along was money. Big females weren't up yet, but endless amounts of males with an occasional smaller female sprinkled in. Nothing more fun to me than a great SB/CB bite! Nearly ripping the rod out of your hand when they hit, just nothing better. With the upcoming forecast of 90s, they should really start to lock down up in the shallows and then the structure pitching can begin! Can't wait! 

Just got down here for a few days really surprised at how low the water is going to be fishing much different patterns then last year at this time. The flooded brush I expected to fish is high and dry.

Really? I'm surprised how high it is this year given the low amount of water we've received. LOTS of flooded brush to fish...lake is only about 3 feet from where it was last spring. However...my best spring year was when the water was really low and there was literally no flooded brush. Terrible for the spawn, but it loaded up the fish along the dams. It was killer. I wouldn't wish for that again, just for the fisheries sake...so I hope we get a wet winter this next time. Good luck!

(04-19-2021, 10:32 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Some real nice LMB. Can't wait to see some of them females in your photo frame

You and me both...females should be following soon, and probably are already venturing up in the evenings. I have always found that's the best time to get into those big females.
Found em...  had a great day yesterday.  Lots of schoolies  with some larger fish mixed in.  
My son as slaying on shallow diving cranks and I as throwing surface plugs because I would rather have  LMB blow up on a lure than actually catch the bass.

Headed out again now for some more fun.
I plan to trek down for Tuesday and Wednesday fishing. Hope it'll be as forecast as for weather: Cool, cloudy, possible showers, light winds. Ought to be perfect.
I really miss fishing there since we sold our winter home in Coral Canyon. I used to fish it at least a couple times a week sometimes more. Have you been getting any Crappie. Thanks for making me jealous. Smile