Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STURGEON and other weird bottom feeders! UNDERWATER FOOTAGE
STURGEON and other weird bottom feeders! UNDERWATER FOOTAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9F5r8tk...=GoFishCam
Them flounder are just odd balls. I have never eaten one - do they have a similar texture to halibut?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I have fished for Halibut when I made my only trip to Alaska with the size I caught ranged from 20-40lbs. Always heard that the larger fish are leathery not even your dog will eat it. I've caught flounder in the SF Bay area. Both fish taste close to being same and are very good. My son which lives in Sacramento is always making trips to the salt for flounder, salmon, sturgeon, cod, stripers, shark, rays, clamming and crabbing.

What Is The Difference Between a Flounder and a Halibut? – Sportfishing Lures
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Flounder is actually very similar to burbot. It's a very flaky delicate white meat, like burbot. Nothing like lobster and nothing like halibut. I've caught halibut up to 150lbs and always thought it tasted just like all the smaller halibut.

In fact, I like larger halibut a little better because you have all the cooking options - like halibut cordon bleu. With small halibut your cooking options are limited by the thinner fillets.