Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge weekend
The wife and I headed up to Flaming Gorge this past weekend.  Got up there Friday afternoon and launched out of Lucerne.  Went up to the Pipeline area and caught 1 koke and lost another one.  It was pretty darn cold and got windy pretty quick so we didn't get to as much fishing in as we wanted.  Saturday we got up and tried Pipeline again and had a little more success catching 2 more kokes, 2 lakers, and a cutthroat.  Weather was overcast and a little warmer but not by much.  Had the top and sidewalls on with the heater running most of the day.  Sunday weather was outstanding sunny and not a cloud in the sky.  But with my luck not much in the fishing category.  We decided to try down in the Hideout area and caught a little rainbow and that was it.  Tried Sheep Creek for a while with barely a mark and then cruised up to Pipeline and nothing.  It was great to get out on the boat again and enjoy some trolling.  Not sure why ice fishing I can sit in the same spot for hours on end and not move but in the boat I've got to move or I go crazy.  Anyway I've made another video. (Hey no throwing popcorn)  Hahahaha!  Check it out if you have a few extra minutes.  

https://youtu.be/K1-CF2pSjWk
Last time I was at F. G,  they were hard to find and down deep  did not see alot by the pipe line