Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB 4/22/21
This was my second top actually to shore fish. I made it out the other day for about an hour and a half with a skunk to show for my hard earned efforts. Today was slightly better. We got the about 5:50pm which was an hour later than I wanted due to my child running off and not telling me where...so I hurried and threw out one rod with CBMIGP and one with jello chicken, and my wife choose a plain worm on her hook. About 15 minutes later one of my boys came running from their spot saying dad here's a white bass so I pulled my CBMIGP line in and told Devon that I wanted to pull in the jello line I didn't have faith in it today just then my rod yanked over the chair almost, I had the bait clicker to tight. Any way I got to break in my new rods and reel. It was a 27"er my first this year as I'm still in a back brace from a3rd back fusion. It hurt to fight him when he flipped and turned. But it was worth it. Would have been better if it wasn't for the power squadron coming back and forth
Great job. Curious, is the 3rd fusion a new spot or a repair on the old fusion?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-23-2021, 04:23 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: This was my second top actually to shore fish. I made it out the other day for about an hour and a half with a skunk to show for my hard earned efforts. Today was slightly better. We got the about 5:50pm which was an hour later than I wanted due to my child running off and not telling me where...so I hurried and threw out one rod with CBMIGP and one with jello chicken, and my wife choose a plain worm on her hook. About 15 minutes later one of my boys came running from their spot saying dad here's a white bass so I pulled my CBMIGP line in and told Devon that I wanted to pull in the jello line I didn't have faith in it today just then my rod yanked over the chair almost, I had the bait clicker to tight. Any way I got to break in my new rods and reel. It was a 27"er my first this year as I'm still in a back brace from a3rd back fusion. It hurt to fight him when he flipped and turned. But it was worth it. Would have been better if it wasn't for the power squadron coming back and forth
Nice work.  27" is a good start.  Hopefully more and bigger to follow.

Getting out and challenging your condition is a good example of the old saying "That which does not kill you makes you stronger."  Hopefully your fishing sessions are good therapy and don't impede the healing process.
(04-23-2021, 02:00 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Great job. Curious, is the 3rd fusion a new spot or a repair on the old fusion?
It's a new spot, at my L2-L3 level. They hinted 6 or 7 years ago that when doing a fusion many times the levels above will give out eventually and with my arthritis the way it likes to runs rampant it may be sooner than later. So 3 years ago I had a second fusion and now they removed all the hardware from the previous surgery and just installed the new hardware.
(04-23-2021, 03:40 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 02:00 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Great job. Curious, is the 3rd fusion a new spot or a repair on the old fusion?
It's a new spot, at my L2-L3 level. They hinted 6 or 7 years ago that when doing a fusion many times the levels above will give out eventually and with my arthritis the way it likes to runs rampant it may be sooner than later. So 3 years ago I had a second fusion and now they removed all the hardware from the previous surgery and just installed the new hardware.

Ya, I understand its not uncommon for above or below the original fusion to develop issues. I am looking at a neck this summer
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I probably know this, but can't seem to conjure it up right now. Would you please expand on what CBMIGP is?
I'm glad you are recovering well enough to get out and wet a line.  Nice fish!
(04-23-2021, 03:55 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Ya, I understand its not uncommon for above or below the original fusion to develop issues. I am looking at a neck this summer
Just had mine done.
(04-23-2021, 04:26 PM)gaardvark Wrote: I probably know this, but can't seem to conjure it up right now. Would you please expand on what CBMIGP is?
Chicken breast marinated in garlic powder....just the just initials. Haha just like everything in life have to shorten it lol

(04-23-2021, 03:55 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

I had my neck done a few years ago in the summer. Sorry to say it's miserable with C-coller on it gets hot...maybe that's just me though but to not be so gross in public I bought 2-3 of them because of the sweat and dust they got so dirty. But ya I've had 25 surgeries now if it's arthritis related good chance I've had it haha

(04-23-2021, 06:15 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I'm glad you are recovering well enough to get out and wet a line.  Nice fish!
Thanks Paul it's feeling good to get out. I can almost fell getting in my boat soon. I'm hoping 3-4 weeks. I just don't trust that step from boat to dock or vice versa yet
(04-23-2021, 04:23 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: This was my second top actually to shore fish. I made it out the other day for about an hour and a half with a skunk to show for my hard earned efforts. Today was slightly better. We got the about 5:50pm which was an hour later than I wanted due to my child running off and not telling me where...so I hurried and threw out one rod with CBMIGP and one with jello chicken, and my wife choose a plain worm on her hook. About 15 minutes later one of my boys came running from their spot saying dad here's a white bass so I pulled my CBMIGP line in and told Devon that I wanted to pull in the jello line I didn't have faith in it today just then my rod yanked over the chair almost, I had the bait clicker to tight. Any way I got to break in my new rods and reel. It was a 27"er my first this year as I'm still in a back brace from a3rd back fusion. It hurt to fight him when he flipped and turned. But it was worth it. Would have been better if it wasn't for the power squadron coming back and forth
Good going Moose. I haven't even put my reel on the rod yet. I have a feeling Vi and I are dragging our feet too long. We need to get out there.

When I read Cookie's report from Willard, that really perked me up. Got me excited too.

rj