Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mantua Chronicles
You folks may want to check out this Fox13News youtube I came across this morning.
Involves the fired police chief, the speeding tickets, etc.  https://youtu.be/ZupyHnjDOy4
Thanks for sharing this. Ah, big frogs in small ponds. Got to love small-town drama. Isn't there any oversight for this kind of unreasonable behavior somewhere in the state government?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I saw on the channel two news at lunch that the Mayor is resigning his position. I am wondering if some more documentation has came to light, about his ticketing policy.
(04-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Majja Wrote: I saw on the channel two news at lunch that the Mayor is resigning his position.  I am wondering if some more documentation has came to light, about his ticketing policy.
Hey Majja, good to see you made it back on the site. I heard this same news about the Mantua mayor on channel 4. About time he resigned.
I think they just got too used to big budgets from tickets and overspent with multiple officers and new police cars and it all came crashing down when folks had had enough of unfair tactics and started spreading it on all media.... Not that there aren't a lot of violations for them to target, but how many police are required for a small town? I just feel sort of bad for Chief Castro that got fired for being a decent chief... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Moved this thread to the off topics area. Seemed to fit here better than the general fishing area.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Update...Mantua has hired a new police chief.
Probably going to fit right in having 18 pages of disciplinary actions at his former job as a LEO for West Jordon where he was terminated for repeatedly breaking rules and not heading previous written warnings.
Just a heads up.
(05-08-2021, 02:49 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Update...Mantua has hired a new police chief.
Probably going to fit right in having 18 pages of disciplinary actions at his former job as a LEO for West Jordon where he was terminated for repeatedly breaking rules and not heading previous written warnings.
Just a heads up.
Can we start a pool now as to how long he will hold that position?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Good idea, Bob. But what we need is a pool to pay for those ridiculous tickets.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.