Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late June Strawberry Advice?
Hi All,
I have fished Strawberry many times on the Ice, but have yet to hit it from a boat.
This summer, around the end of June, my son and I will be taking my boat up there for a 3 day fishing trip.
I have downriggers and all the regular Trout and Koke fixin's, but very little knowledge about Trolling/Jigging the Berry, or where may be promising or slow that time of year.
We'll be launching out of Strawberry Bay Marina. 
Any tips, or words of wisdom for our late June outing would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
go where the boats are if you go on a Sat  don't get run over

you can fish with koke stuff dodgers and squids and catch cutthroat trout with that stuff to.
keep reading BFT and you will know how deep to put your downriggers. also your fishfinder will tell you.
your speed depends on what dodgers you use 1.3 to 2 mph
(04-26-2021, 06:23 PM)liketrolling Wrote: go where the boats are if you go on a Sat  don't get run over

you can fish with koke stuff dodgers and squids and catch cutthroat trout with that stuff to.
keep reading BFT and you will know how deep to put your downriggers. also your fishfinder will tell you.
your speed depends on what dodgers you use 1.3 to 2 mph
Great, thanks much appreciated.
I'll keep an eye on the forum and do more research as it gets closer.
Thanks again.
(04-26-2021, 04:52 PM)theresahit Wrote: Hi All,
I have fished Strawberry many times on the Ice, but have yet to hit it from a boat.
This summer, around the end of June, my son and I will be taking my boat up there for a 3 day fishing trip.
I have downriggers and all the regular Trout and Koke fixin's, but very little knowledge about Trolling/Jigging the Berry, or where may be promising or slow that time of year.
Any tips, or words of wisdom for our late June outing would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I will be there June 23-27th for my annual multi day trip to the Berry it is a great time to chase them. I will be camping in C 23 if your there during that time, I will be more than happy to share what and where is working for me just stop by or send me a PM, There will be several other BFT members there during that time as well, and we are talking about putting together a pot luck in the afternoon of Saturday the 26th. Like Robert said just keep watching peoples post they will tell you the depth and speed and in some cases the general location they are getting them.
(04-26-2021, 10:04 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 04:52 PM)theresahit Wrote: Hi All,
Thanks!
I will be there June 23-27th for my annual multi day trip to the Berry it is a great time to chase them. I will be camping in C 23 if your there during that time, I will be more than happy to share what and where is working for me just stop by or send me a PM, There will be several other BFT members there during that time as well, and we are talking about putting together a pot luck in the afternoon of Saturday the 26th. Like Robert said just keep watching peoples post they will tell you the depth and speed and in some cases the general location they are getting them.
Thank You, I sure appreciate that. Potluck sounds good!, That's about the timeframe we'll be there, I'll get with you as it gets closer. Thanks again.