Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boat Registration Notice
Today I realized that it is near the end of March and Boat and ATV registration time. I have not received a postcard notice with tax info to take to the DMV. Not renewing could have been a fine waiting to happen. I just want others to be sure to check your boat registration due date. Did anyone get a notice in the mail this year? I thought that they changed their minds about stopping the notices and were going to start sending them again. Maybe it is only for cars.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
I did not get a post card for the boat I went to there website put the numbers in and paid them. a week later got it in the mail.

I think my truck is due the end of this month need to check don't know if I need any inspections are not
During my last registration I signed up for email notifications. I'm still a month or two out for my toys but will be interesting to see if the emails come in.
(04-27-2021, 08:23 PM)JArner Wrote: During my last registration I signed up for email notifications. I'm still a month or two out for my toys but will be interesting to see if the emails come in.
I thought that I did also in Oct. when I registered my truck. I  Just got back from DMV and was told that I would be notified next time. For $122 of taxes, I would think that they could afford a postcard.
(04-27-2021, 09:04 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:23 PM)JArner Wrote: During my last registration I signed up for email notifications. I'm still a month or two out for my toys but will be interesting to see if the emails come in.
I thought that I did also in Oct. when I registered my truck. I  Just got back from DMV and was told that I would be notified next time. For $122 of taxes, I would think that they could afford a postcard.
FYI from KSL news

SALT LAKE CITY — Those postcard reminders about your expiring vehicle registration are officially coming back less than a year after they were discontinued in favor of a paperless-only option.
The Utah State Tax Commission announced Monday that the first batch of Division of Motor Vehicles' registration renewal notice postcards will be sent this week for Utahns whose vehicle registration expires in May.
Officials added they encouraged anyone who hasn't already to check their physical address records to ensure that postcards are sent to the right address. Postcards will not be sent to anyone who has already and eventually signs up for an email reminder option, which remains the commission's preferred option.
The return of the postcard service is the result of HB170, which helped bring back funding for the postcard service.
The bill, sponsored by Rep. Scott Chew, R-Jensen, along with many bipartisan co-sponsors, was created after the outrage and concern caused by the end of the postcard reminder service.
Realized yesterday that my truck tags were 12 20. Guess it's time to pay the man.
I got pulled over for 4 month expired tags on my truck. He could have impounded my truck but was nice on that front. On the bad side I did get a $50 ticket.
(04-27-2021, 07:50 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Today I realized that it is near the end of March and Boat and ATV registration time. I have not received a postcard notice with tax info to take to the DMV. Not renewing could have been a fine waiting to happen. I just want others to be sure to check your boat registration due date. Did anyone get a notice in the mail this year? I thought that they changed their minds about stopping the notices and were going to start sending them again. Maybe it is only for cars.
That was something that started last summer about not receiving renewal cards in the mail, you could fill out a form on their website and they were suppose to send you an email notification which didnt work for me. I just finished gathering up my registration paperwork for 5 vehicles and registering them all last week in Farmington. They told me that they were going to start sending out renewal cards next month.....we shall see.
I recieved a card in the mail two days ago notifing me that my boat registration was due the end of May. Paid it online today.
(05-03-2021, 02:41 AM)lovetofish Wrote: I recieved a card in the mail two days ago notifing me that my boat registration was due the end of May. Paid it online today.
I saw on TV that they started again. I am forgetful and that reminder really helps.
(05-03-2021, 02:48 AM)BURLEY Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 02:41 AM)lovetofish Wrote: I recieved a card in the mail two days ago notifing me that my boat registration was due the end of May. Paid it online today.
I saw on TV that they started again. I am forgetful and that reminder really helps.
My boat expires in May. Received the reminder card Saturday.
(05-03-2021, 12:56 PM)lifeshort Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 02:48 AM)BURLEY Wrote:
My boat expires in May. Received the reminder card Saturday.
  Same here, hopefully LE is aware of this issue and will cut people a little slack.
Sunrise on the water
My card for the boats May 2021 renewal was delivered Friday April 30th.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(05-03-2021, 04:30 PM)dubob Wrote: My card for the boats May 2021 renewal was delivered Friday April 30th.

Ditto