Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC and the weed trimmer
It was beyond anoying.  Some trollers with the worst sounding trolling motor ever.  It was loud, it stank and I think the transom was to tall for it.  They would throttle up, sit down and the motor would over rev prop out of the water, they would go to the back of the boat and the prop would go in the water, throttle down, stand up, stand up, sit down, motor going waaaaaaa,waaaaaaa,waaaaaaa for hours, from way up the lake.
We were stuck on land, they  could have gone anywhere,  They weren't catching, just trolling up and down, round and round in front of us.  Waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa, like a weed whacker motor.
They moved in when they saw me catching and it shut down.  After an hour of them in front me and n9t one more bite I left.
Rant over, but they did kind of pooch an otherwise good morning.

Standard bubble rig & PB did the trick on a couple of last falls SNITS.  Up to 10 and 11". 
They will fare well seared in lemon zested butter sprinkled with fresh baby dill from the garden and finished in the broiler.  Served with a saffron rice and sautéed mushrooms/yellow squash.  Maybe a few pineapple chunks.
(04-29-2021, 10:44 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: It was beyond anoying.  Some trollers with the worst sounding trolling motor ever.  It was loud, it stank and I think the transom was to tall for it.  They would throttle up, sit down and the motor would over rev prop out of the water, they would go to the back of the boat and the prop would go in the water, throttle down, stand up, stand up, sit down, motor going waaaaaaa,waaaaaaa,waaaaaaa for hours, from way up the lake.
We were stuck on land, they  could have gone anywhere,  They weren't catching, just trolling up and down, round and round in front of us.  Waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa, like a weed whacker motor.
They moved in when they saw me catching and it shut down.  After an hour of them in front me and n9t one more bite I left.
Rant over, but they did kind of pooch an otherwise good morning.

Standard bubble rig & PB did the trick on a couple of last falls SNITS.  Up to 10 and 11". 
They will fare well seared in lemon zested butter sprinkled with fresh baby dill from the garden and finished in the broiler.  Served with a saffron rice and sautéed mushrooms/yellow squash.  Maybe a few pineapple chunks.
I hope the neighbor isn't mowing his lawn when you are cooking dinner!!!