Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No more Deer Creek night fishing
If you see my other post, there some info as well. As of 2020, Deer Creek state park has implemented a new rule about all water craft having to be off the water by 10:00pm, eliminating all night fishing opportunities. This is a huge loss of access for fisherman. If you have an opinion about this please  give the state park manager a call.
Deer Creek State Park Manager:
Bruce Strom 
435-703-0589
(04-30-2021, 02:10 PM)parryconner Wrote: If you see my other post, there some info as well. As of 2020, Deer Creek state park has implemented a new rule about all water craft having to be off the water by 10:00pm, eliminating all night fishing opportunities. This is a huge loss of access for fisherman. If you have an opinion about this please  give the state park manager a call.
Bruce Strom 
435-703-0589
I kept my trailer down there last summer and wont be going back. There was very little if any control on the water day or night. There were big boats pulling skiers after dark with big light bars on top of the boats so they could see the skiers, totally nuts, i talked to the camp host about it but he said the authorities have been notified several times, parties going on after dark on the big boats with blaring music you could hear clear across the lake. I say let them have it. The park ranger called me a few weeks ago wanting to know if I wanted to store my 5th wheel there this summer, and I told him what i thought of that mess. I use to enjoy night fishing for the walleye there years ago when we kept our trailer there for the summer but that's all gone.
(04-30-2021, 02:10 PM)parryconner Wrote: If you see my other post, there some info as well. As of 2020, Deer Creek state park has implemented a new rule about all water craft having to be off the water by 10:00pm, eliminating all night fishing opportunities. This is a huge loss of access for fisherman. If you have an opinion about this please  give the state park manager a call.
Bruce Strom 
435-703-0589

I signed up for Notifications from the Parks and Recreation Board of Directors.  Here is the information to submit a comment and participate.

Utah Public Notice
Documents Updated Board of Utah State Parks and Recreation
Board of Utah State Parks & Recreation Meeting
Notice Date & Time: 5/20/21 9:30 AM -5/20/21 1:00 PM
Description/Agenda:

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif]        THE BOARD OF THE DIVISION OF UTAH STATE PARKS AND RECREATION
WILL HOLD A BOARD MEETING ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2021, AT 9:30 A.M.

THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN PERSON WITH ONLINE PARTICIPATION STREAMING AT: https://youtu.be/s0AX87Is6W4

PUBLIC COMMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12BBu22Xi_bliS-i003kbxBNHoilLOvdFD4faL9EZw98/edit
BY 11:59 P.M. ON MAY 19, 2021, TO BE SHARED IN THE MEETING.

AGENDA
9:30 a.m.
1. WELCOME
1.1. Call to Order
1.2. Attendance and Introductions
1.3. Approval of Agenda
1.4. Approval of FEBRUARY 18, 2021 Meeting Minutes

9:45 a.m.
2. BOARD MEMBER REPORTS

10:15 a.m.
3. DIVISION REPORT

11:15 a.m.
4. OFF HIGHWAY VEHICLE PROGRAM
4.1. OHV FISCAL INCENTIVE GRANT RECOMMENDATIONS
4.2. OHV ACCESS & EDUCATION GRANT RECOMMENDATIONS
4.3. OHV ADVISORY COUNCIL VACANCIES

11:45 a.m.
5. LAND AND WATER CONSERVATION FUND GRANT RECOMMENDATIONS

12:00 p.m.
6. REGIONAL COMPLEX TOUR

1:00 p.m.
7. ADJOURNMENT

Notice of Special Accommodations:
This meeting will be streamed live with closed captioning on YouTube. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) should contact Amber Stubbings at (801) 538-7418 or amberstubbings@utah.gov at least three business days before the meeting.
Notice of Electronic or telephone participation:
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD REMOTELY AND STREAMED LIVE AT https://youtu.be/s0AX87Is6W4 PUBLIC COMMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12BBu22Xi_bliS-i003kbxBNHoilLOvdFD4faL9EZw98/edit BY 11:59 P.M. ON MAY 19, 2021, TO BE SHARED IN THE MEETING.
Other information:

2031 Industrial Park Road, Richfield, 84701[/font]
Bruce Strom 
435-703-0589

...They've been doing the 24th of July Fireworks for more than 25 years and people (dozens if not hundreds) don't get off the lake till the show is over and they've all gotten back to the marina...sometimes around midnight! 

I seriously can't imagine that they will put an end to that...at least I'm hoping not!  Maybe they will make an exception that day/night?
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
This is Sad news for nighttime bow fishermen as well. Not cool!
I thought that I read in one of these threads that you could tell them at the gate that you planned to fish after 10 and they would give you a paper to stick in your window to keep from getting a ticket from the ranger.

Or am I imagining things again?

Found it.

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...Deer+creek
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(05-19-2021, 05:16 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I thought that I read in one of these threads that you could tell them at the gate that you planned to fish after 10 and they would give you a paper to stick in your window to keep from getting a ticket from the ranger.

Or am I imagining things again?

Found it.

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...Deer+creek

My thoughts exactly. Suppose if the law is in place you can always get bit, though.