Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report
I had a very short window this morning to sneak out before contractors showed up at the house. Opted for a quick run to Rockport

Hit the East side off the trail pullout at daylight. Fished for a half hour. Some very nice perch about 30ft out off a rock finger. They were slaming a small perch flig tipped with a meal worm. I shorten the trip by snagging all my small yellow fligs in 15 minutes - hard to get them safely through that rock rubble. They wanted that flig. I tried a couple other baits and they thumbed their noses at my other offerings. 

These were not my hand made fligs or Pat's, guaranteed fish catching fligs, but a few commercial ones I had in my fanny pack. Gona take the good stuff on the next run.

Gona go back as they were very nice sized, but i will arm myself with more yellow perchy looking fligs and run a  drop sinker so i only lose the lead ( at least most of the time)

No video. Got a few clips but not enough to edit into somthing - yet

[Image: 20200810-064102-0.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-11-2020, 02:30 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I had a very short window this morning to sneak out before contractors showed up at the house. Opted for a quick run to Rockport

Hit the East side off the trail pullout at daylight. Fished for a half hour. Some very nice perch about 30ft out off a rock finger. They were slaming a small perch flig tipped with a meal worm. I shorten the trip by snagging all my small yellow fligs in 15 minutes - hard to get them safely through that rock rubble. They wanted that flig. I tried a couple other baits and they thumbed their noses at my other offerings. 

These were not my hand made fligs or Pat's, guaranteed fish catching fligs, but a few commercial ones I had in my fanny pack. Gona take the good stuff on the next run.

Gona go back as they were very nice sized, but i will arm myself with more yellow perchy looking fligs and run a  drop sinker so i only lose the lead ( at least most of the time)

Nice work.  Suggest you use a dropper of a piece of clothes hanger wire...a "hanger shot".  They ghost through the rocks easily and if you tie them on weaker leader they break off without sacrificing the good stuff.  Also, here is an abbreviated version of my writeup on Hanger Shottin'.  Had to cut it down to get it to fit on BFT standards.
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg][Image: HANGER-BENDING.jpg]
(08-11-2020, 03:46 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 02:30 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I had a very short window this morning to sneak out before contractors showed up at the house. Opted for a quick run to Rockport

Nice work.  Suggest you use a dropper of a piece of clothes hanger wire...a "hanger shot".  They ghost through the rocks easily and if you tie them on weaker leader they break off without sacrificing the good stuff.  Also, here is an abbreviated version of my writeup on Hanger Shottin'.  Had to cut it down to get it to fit on BFT standards.
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg][Image: HANGER-BENDING.jpg]

Great write up Pat. Cookies hangers will most certainly get a trial run this month in a local water - Although Cookie is eyeing me suspiciously as I head to her closet with my pliers in hand. I told her I had to fix that loose closet light.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good report on Rockport. It looks like the dog had fun also! Let us know how the hangers work!