Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake in August
(08-03-2020, 06:52 PM)Gone2Fish Wrote: I was up there all week long but only fished 5-6 hours for two of the days. All vertical jigging with a 5 inch white glow tube tipped with sucker meat.  Landed 3 lake trout, biggest was 34 and the smallest was 26.  20 or so cutts.  I was on the East side in front of the state park in 80 feet of water.  I just spot locked when I found the cisco balls.  Big lake but the jet skis and the wake suffers must think I like watching them. Smile
         Thanks G2F that's very helpful , I am planning some early AM trips out . I will post any results.
Well I said I would post a report on my fishing trip to Bear Lake , so here goes. The fishing wasn't good at all , the best I could do was to get a few quick hit and runs but not takers. We tried several spots including the Rock pile and the North and South ends of Cisco Beach area. We were marking fish just couldn't get anything to bite and hold on. This was what I was afraid of, Way too much Boat traffic and a couple of days the wind was kind of strong. I won't fish it again this time of year. We still had a good time and we will be back right after Labor Day and beyond.
(08-15-2020, 02:23 AM)AFDan52 Wrote: Well I said I would post a report on my fishing trip to Bear Lake , so here goes.  The fishing wasn't good at all , the best I could do was to get a few quick hit and runs but not takers. We tried several spots including the Rock pile and the North and South ends of Cisco Beach area. We were marking fish just couldn't get anything to bite and hold on. This was what I was afraid of, Way too much Boat traffic and a couple of days the wind was kind of strong. I won't fish it again this time of year. We still had a good time and we will be back right after Labor Day and beyond.
Well that's too bad, did you try any jigging? Hopefully the catching will improve after Labor day.
Hi Curt , yeah I tried mostly Jigging . I think there was just too much activity on the water , besides being too damn hot  out there . I think I melted a bit . LOL. But it's alright , I plan to be going back up after Labor Day and start again.