Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Report
Cookie and I have managed to shoot up to Lost Creek 2x recently, for just a few minutes each time - basically testing my stamina and balance (long, not fun story)

Each time we threw in a pole. Each time Cookie caught a few trout (Rainbows and Cuts)

Bows on powerbait and cuts on fligs with a worm (Fligs were the all white version - forget Pats name for them)

I spent my time doing balance tests and trying to see to tie knots. Ahhh, so much fun to get a bit of wear on the preverbal (or maybe prehistoric is more appropriate the way it is acting) body.

Water temp was 64 one time and 67 the other. Fish were caught in 18-27 ft countour lines off the bank. The one evening there was a fair amount of surface action that would have been fun to try out the whippy stick on.

[Image: 20200915-172037.jpg][Image: 20200911-190533.jpg]

Deer all over the road in the evening - be careful pulling them nice rigs down - I would hate to be called to come cut one out of your grill

We did find a few chubs that escaped Kent's efforts. They found their way into my bait stash.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like you had a good day out there...I have a handicapped buddy that likes to fish Lost Creek...I see you were in that first corner by the dam..When I go there with him we usually go just by the boat ramp, or a bit further to the right...Is that area you were in very hard to get down to? I have to be careful where he goes...
(09-16-2020, 03:18 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I have managed to shoot up to Lost Creek 2x recently, for just a few minutes each time - basically testing my stamina and balance (long, not fun story)

Each time we threw in a pole. Each time Cookie caught a few trout (Rainbows and Cuts)

Bows on powerbait and cuts on fligs with a worm (Fligs were the all white version - forget Pats name for them)

I spent my time doing balance tests and trying to see to tie knots. Ahhh, so much fun to get a bit of wear on the preverbal (or maybe prehistoric is more appropriate the way it is acting) body.

Water temp was 64 one time and 67 the other. Fish were caught in 18-27 ft countour lines off the bank. The one evening there was a fair amount of surface action that would have been fun to try out the whippy stick on.

Deer all over the road in the evening - be careful pulling them nice rigs down - I would hate to be called to come cut one out of your grill

We did find a few chubs that escaped Kent's efforts. They found their way into my bait stash.
Questions about the fligs. Do you suspend the flig and worm under a bubble/bobber?
(09-16-2020, 03:49 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Looks like you had a good day out there...I have a handicapped buddy that likes to fish Lost Creek...I see you were in that first corner by the dam..When I go there with him we usually go just by the boat ramp, or a bit further to the right...Is that area you were in very hard to get down to? I have to be careful where he goes...

We fished just to the north of the Dam one time and north of the boat ramp (off the old powerline access road) the next. Lost Creek is way  down and steep to access at either places mentioned. Actually LC is very poor in general for bank access if you have disabilities. There are some decent trails to the water off the north side of the dam, but it is still steep. The only place I would try to get my disabled son is around the boat ramp where you mentioned

The good news is the surface action is picking up which means that area around the boat ramp will start to get active.

(09-16-2020, 01:37 PM)Miguel_Bait Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 03:18 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I have managed to shoot up to Lost Creek 2x recently, for just a few minutes each time - basically testing my stamina and balance (long, not fun story)

Questions about the fligs. Do you suspend the flig and worm under a bubble/bobber?

No. The fligs are used as a bottom up type presentation - different from a normal jig. Fligs float. So I pin them to the bottom with a carolina style rig or a drop shot. You can fish them static as just a way to present bait at different depth from the bottom depending on your leader length. Or you can fish them active and cast and retrieve in different ways - very effective. If you check down the BFT posts a bit you will see a post from Tubedude about fligging. He is a master of flig-o-metry and shared a number of documents in that post with photos that will do a much better job of explaining that what I just did.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-16-2020, 03:18 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: We did find a few chubs that escaped Kent's efforts. They found their way into my bait stash.

I thought that I had caught them all. Blush

(09-16-2020, 03:18 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Deer all over the road in the evening - be careful pulling them nice rigs down - I would hate to be called to come cut one out of your grill

The trip I made up there, just before sunrise, they were also "all over the road".  Nice to see, but can definitely be a road hazard.  Driving the posted speed limit will help avoid hitting them.