Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last two days on Utah lake
Vi and I fished Wed. and Thurs out of Lincoln Beach. Wed. we fished near Spanish fork River. It was an almost perfect day, the water was as calm as could be expected. No harassment from big show boats and no Rap to cover the call of the birds. And we caught fish. Vi out fished me again, 15 to 11 but I beat her in size. My avorage was 27" Hers was 25". We drug a variety of Flaits with White Bass chunks.

Yesterday, Thurs. we fished the Knolls area. I was lucky to catch more than her. We only caught three cats that measured 27" our tops. I caught the smallest coming in at 18.5" This would have been a good day to load up on eaters because they were almost all cookie cutters.The wind started to kick up which made boat control more difficult so we didn't stay as long as we would have liked.

We enjoyed the fishing but it's sure a lot of work cleaning the boat of all the midges, the scum and hard water spots. I often wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks Pat for your kind gift of bait. I am pretty sure the fish liked it. It was good to have a few minutes to talk
Great to hear you guys are feeling better and able to pound water... I'm in the market for a boat so hopefully I'll join you soon out there again with a problem free boat? Do they make such a thing? Haha we'll have to see
Just remember Used Boat Rule #1: the cheaper they are, the more expensive they'll be.
(09-18-2020, 04:30 PM)r2u2 Wrote: Thanks Pat for your kind gift of bait. I am pretty sure the fish liked it. It was good to have a few minutes to talk
You are welcome.  Had to take pity on you after watching your pathetic bait-catching effort.  That one little whitette you caught certainly wouldn't have made for a full day of catching.
[Image: DE-BAIT.jpg]
Good one, Rocky. Hadn't heard that one before. I came up with another meaning for BOAT the other day when I found a random screw on the floor of my boat. I also had a seat that was sagging and wobbling. Then I had to get some line out of the trolling motor. The acronym: Bring Out Another Tool. Two screwdrivers and a crescent wrench now live on my boat. Mooseman had the tools I needed to take off the prop. I've been lucky I haven't had anything major happen yet, cross my fingers.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I keep on the boat a spare (older blended blade) prop, a spare prop nut, and tools needed to remove a prop. Also a small Harbor Freight tool kit. Never have had to use any of the prop tools on this boat, but have had to do some "on the road" trailer lighting work. 
Had a bad early experience on my first boat in 2004. Was trolling lead core line at Rockport, a big power boat that was just burning holes in the water, no one being pulled, cut behind me real close and washed one of my lines into the prop. Wrapped it of real good. Had no other way to remove line and couldn't reach the prop from the boat with the prop totally out of the water (115 HP Merc) . Cut off line as close to prop hub as I could get, slow motored to dock, got boat up on trailer, and in the parking lot, had to borrow tools from a kind stranger, removed the prop, pulled out the wrapped up line. I was fortunate, it didn't cut the seal, but it sure pxxxed me off. Ended that days fishin  Angry  and gave me a education. Have carried basic tools in boat ever since.

(09-19-2020, 02:03 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Just remember Used Boat Rule #1: the cheaper they are, the more expensive they'll be.

A question and a quote my dad always used " What is the very first thing you do with a new (or new  to you) boat ?"  

"You take it home and drill holes in it"     Big Grin

A boat is " A big hole in the water you throw money into"
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yeah, I guess it's like a Jeep you buy. That's just the start of a big bunch of improvement projects. Now where should I put my new rod holders? What should I do about that light that got broken off? Etc.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.