Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon attempt
Guess I should have waited for some actual cooler weather, but it'd been nearly a month since I had my boat in water....doves are gone, ducks not for another week and a half, garden stuff mostly ruined by the storm, too dry to have to mow the lawn.....so we took the boat out to East Canyon for a little trolling....Unfortunately...windy all morning, and a very sporadic/slow bite from 0830 'til noon....We tried the East arm, then toward Taylor's Fork, then close to the dam....we tried depths 10' to 25'..I had 2 good hits at 15', lost both..1 hit at 21', lost it..and 1 good hit off planer board on Rapala, close to boat when he fell off....So zero boated for me...my buddy had 1 hit and did boat a 13"er....that was it for us....I'll go back again, but maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, if we do get some cooler weather....still good to be out on the water....Guluk...
Was there an algae bloom going on at EC? Its still a little too soon for me, but its about 2wks away. Its about time for some Bear Lake action now. ANY DAY NOW  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Was hoping to get up there myself this week Joe.  Then appointments covered up every day this week.  Looks like I didn't miss much.   Big Grin

Maybe next week will bring some better weather (cooler & no 'W').  Also need to gather up all my duck hunt gear and prep the duck boat next week.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Hey BD and DuB...water quality seemed good, only lite floaties/busted weeds, etc...no film on my boat after retrieval...roger that on the duck gear prep, and I'll probably hit EC mid or later in 1st week again, after the opener....