Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 9-22-20
Wiperslayer and I got up to LC yesterday to see how things were going and to catch my supply of chubs for the Fall. Saw lots and lots a deer and turkey on the drive up and we were the first on the water on that day, arriving and launching about 7:30 am. Trout fishing was slow but we managed around a dozen bows and cutts up to 16 inches, using lures or dodger and squids. Then we went back to the ramp area and picked up 40 chubs, in the last 1.5 hours. JJAnnie was there as well, looking for a supply of chubs. Colors are really changing up there, looks like Fall is here.
How deep were the chubs around the ramp?

That ride up to LC is awesome. The elk will be down the in the fields bugling at night.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I’ve got wild turkey in my backyard that my daughters feed, would it be cheating if I just sniped one? ?
[Image: 913610-D7-8-DB5-491-A-AB5-F-3-E6-E08-A08-F17.jpg]

[Image: 3611-FBC1-434-E-4744-BC6-C-397-CECA49-E0-A.jpg]

[Image: 3-C2892-AB-576-F-4-E33-B1-C5-F533632-E7660.jpg]
(09-23-2020, 06:27 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: How deep were the chubs around the ramp?

That ride up to LC is awesome. The elk will be down the in the fields bugling at night.
Where we were catching them it was around 32 or 34 FOW big schools were coming through that were within 10' of the surface but all the ones we caught were right off the bottom. I forgot to mention we were using two hooks per line and had several times where we caught two at once. Here are some pics of the trees and one of the nice spots on a cutt.

[Image: 100-3431.jpg]

[Image: 100-3432.jpg]

[Image: 100-3436.jpg]

[Image: 100-3437.jpg]
(09-23-2020, 06:43 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote: I’ve got wild turkey in my backyard that my daughters feed, would it be cheating if I just sniped one? ?
No it wouldn't, if you have a license. I know I couldn't resist, if I had gobblers like that in my backyard.
(09-23-2020, 08:16 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 06:43 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote: I’ve got wild turkey in my backyard that my daughters feed, would it be cheating if I just sniped one? ?
No it wouldn't, if you have a license. I know I couldn't resist, if I had gobblers like that in my backyard.
I suspect Remo's problem is that the daughters have been feeding them.  Just how awkward does he want Thanksgiving dinner to be?
(09-24-2020, 12:22 PM)wbb Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 08:16 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
I suspect Remo's problem is that the daughters have been feeding them.  Just how awkward does he want Thanksgiving dinner to be?
If that is true, for him to get around that problem, all he has to do is send Mom and Daughters out for some mother and daughters time, then take that opportunity to take the turkey, once it is processed and in the freezer, it's no different than buying one in the store. I know mine did not taste any different than a store bought bird, when cooked correctly.
Quote:I was going to go to Lost Creek last week but wasn't sure about launching a 19 ft boat this time of the year. I saw your pic with the boat ramp and it didn't look to bad. How is the ramp at the current lake level? Is a 19 foot boat too much now?
(09-27-2020, 04:27 AM)talyn Wrote:
Quote:I was going to go to Lost Creek last week but wasn't sure about launching a 19 ft boat this time of the year. I saw your pic with the boat ramp and it didn't look to bad. How is the ramp at the current lake level? Is a 19 foot boat too much now?
Some friends of ours were there in a 19' Hewscraft and had no problem launching. the water level is a high as I've seen it in years.
wiperhunter2 Wrote:
talyn Wrote:
Some friends of ours were there in a 19' Hewscraft and had no problem launching. the water level is a high as I've seen it in years.
That is good to hear. We were out there in June when the water was up to the wall at the ramp. Last week I was not sure about Lost Creek so we opted for Pineview and haul in a load of perch, catfish, and crappie. Never caught so many catfish at Pineview.