So So at Lindon 4-30-21
(05-01-2021, 01:58 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:02 PM)fishskibum Wrote: ^^^ thanks
and im glad im not the only one who asks that question
and im glad the resident utarded fountain of fishing info is flowing again
(Winking bobber inserted here)
#brownfishmattertoo
I appreciate your appreciation.

Question to a dedicated carpaholic...when the carp are clumped up and slurping in a "fairy ring", will they take a carefully presented fly?  I've tried lightly dropping a small jig into them before and they usually explode and scatter.
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg][Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

I read years ago about a guy tying up a special carp fly pattern, that looked like a mulberry.
I went fishing yesterday on a tributary flowing into Utah Lake. Just one white bass. Last year at this time the water was at least 12-16 higher and the fishing in the same place produced a lot more catfish and white bass.

This spring has been colder overall. I plan on going on Thursday when it has been a nice warm day.

Matthew
(05-04-2021, 08:00 PM)Outfishing13 Wrote: I went fishing yesterday on a tributary flowing into Utah Lake. Just one white bass. Last year at this time the water was at least 12-16 higher and the fishing in the same place produced a lot more catfish and white bass. 

This spring has been colder overall.  I plan on going on Thursday when it has been a nice warm day. 

Matthew
You are right.  In checking past fishing logs the water temps are usually warmer by mid April than they are right now.  The wind does not blow in Utah...it sucks.

Thursday might be a good bet...and later in the day will allow the water to warm a bit.  Friday might be good too, but the weather is starting to go downhill again.
I might try it Thursday, it's supposed to be in the 80's. Do you see the 10 day forecast has it over 100 deg. next Tuesday/Wednesday.
(05-04-2021, 09:23 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I might try it Thursday, it's supposed to be in the 80's. Do you see the 10 day forecast has it over 100 deg. next Tuesday/Wednesday.
Are you looking at the forecast for Phoenix?  My 10 day forecast for Utah Lake next week shows a high of 79 on Thursday...with other days lower.

If you wanna make a shorter run, I am going to hit Willard on Thursday...south marina.  PM me if you wanna meet up.
I thought I did a Bing search and picked a 10 day Provo weather. It showed it as 81 Thursday and it said over 100 for two days next week. But I sure can't find it now! Dang it. I thought that would get them active. All though I was thinking 100 degrees was way hot for me. I was out at Bird Island last year in June and it was into the 90's and it was too hot, but they were still bitting.
I do want to start fishing Willard again, except for once with Curtis, I haven't fished it since they raised the dyke.
But I think I'm going to go to LB, I can be on the water around 9am and camp in my tent Thursday night and fish Friday also. I'll let you know if I find any. Catch and release only this trip.
Randy, take a look at this. Hope it helps.

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/linc..._utah_lake
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Cool! Thanks Craig.