Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet Night Out
Took my sweet thing out for a quiet night of dining and relaxation to show my appreciation for all her hard work.

The Burger King in Salem isn't to good for inside dinning so we took our burger over to Salem Pond and found some shade with a good view of the water and several fisher people. The type of place one can enjoy a peaceful evening.

We had no intentions of getting our hands dirty so we sat peacefully and watched. There were good numbers of round tails jumping all over the pond. Saw a fellow catch one of the brood stock as well.

Just thought you might like to know just in case you have some kids you would like to get out. OH! saw a large mouth bass come in as well.

If I feel well tomorrow we may  try and float the boat some where on Utah Lake.

rj
Nice report Richard, are round tails, hatchery fish? Good luck if you get out on UL... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Ya! That"s what I call em.

rj
(05-05-2021, 04:49 PM)r2u2 Wrote: Ya! That"s what I call em.

rj
I calls 'em "finless Freddies".  But it's good if DWR puts them where someone can get a measure of fun out of them.  Can't imagine just how good they might be on the table.  Too bad they are not legal to use for cat bait.  They do work and kitties love troutskis.  Don't ask me how I know.
Sounds like a great evening Richard with your wife and a water report on top of it
Sounds like a nice evening. Thanks for sharing and I hope you felt well enough to hit the golden pond today. It looked like a good day for it...if it weren't for work I'd have been out there! Grateful to have the work and to still get to fish some though!
Vi and I did get out on the lake yesterday but it was around noon when we got there. The day was beautiful! Very light breeze. Our fastest drift was .4 mph. We or I, left the remote to the trolling motor at home so we just bobbed along enjoying the opportunity to be there. The fishing was pretty good but we only got to release one. A couple of bites on the small rods, pretty sure they were WB. The one we hooked was a 26" Cat.

I'll hold off a bit to enter into the contest, I'll shoot for 26.5".

rj
Richard it's great to read about your fun and good times. I'm glad you got out. I'm still a few more weeks away from getting my boat out. Ive not been cleared but my boy can do everything but drive the truck so I think once I get rid of my back brace and build a little stability I'll be OK but we will have to see.