Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay trip #12
Decided to give north end of Willard another try today.  Got on the water before 9 a.m.  Weather was quite nice, and almost glass calm. 

[Image: 028-Trip-12-5-May-21.jpg]

About 15 minutes after getting launched, and about 2 minutes after getting lines wet, had a hard hit and drag stealing run, then nothing..... had the rod almost out of the holder, and hungry momma Cat decided to take another grab at the bait. Got her this time.  

[Image: 029-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]

Took this photo just after boating her.  Then got her streched out and lined up with my measuring stick, got my contest placard set in just so, took a contest photo. Checked it, it looked perfect. So released the fish. And somehow in the act of sending that photo to my email, I accidently deleted it.   Oh well stuff happens..................

Drifted and trolled the north end of WB from marina channel to west wall, and back around towards the north camp grounds, Eagle Beach, and along the old road base.  Had a couple more pop and drops, but no more second grabs.  Departed about 1 p.m. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That's a nice cat Forest.  We all have hiccups now and then.  I could have added 2 species to the grand slam contest yesterday and totally forgot to get my placard out.  My bet is that you will put a LOT more cats in the boat by the end of the contest. You should have a deleted file on your phone that you could retrieve the photo. It may still be there...
(05-05-2021, 10:06 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: That's a nice cat Forest.  We all have hiccups now and then.  I could have added 2 species to the grand slam contest yesterday and totally forgot to get my placard out.  My bet is that you will put a LOT more cats in the boat by the end of the contest.  You should have a deleted file on your phone that you could retrieve the photo.  It may still be there...

Paul, I'm not real savvy yet with these "smart phones" couldn't find that photo while I was out on the water yesterday. But after some head scratchin, and searching, I found it.  It wasn't as good a photo seeing it on my PC as I thought it was on the boat  Confused  .   But I posted it anyway. Will leave it up to Jeff's judgement.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I'm glad you found the picture.