Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookies Big Day
No way Cookie was gona post this but I will...

Met up with Pat this morning in the South Marina of Willard. Exchanged a few shekels for trinkets and wished each other well. Also had a sighting of KD and shot the bull for a minute. Good to say hi again. 

Watched Pat sail off into the sunrise (okay a bit to much Hemingway there and since he was churning North, there was no sunrise) but we did wave him off into the great blue. 

Cookie and I set up in the South Cannel, just where the marina and the cannel meet, buoy 1. Tossed out some cut chub and some mussels and I threw a few jig/flig options at the Greebs to keep them entertained. Had one soft take first thing, but he did not hold on. Then a big nada burger the rest of the morning. Had a few guys set up on each side of us and they also skunked out.

The heat was getting to Cookie (always takes her a while to climatize to the first heat of summer with her MS), so we opted to pull out earlier than normal and take a cool down ride. Swung over to the North Marina to check on the bucket brigade. Looked pretty slow. Found John taking a break from the BRBR and had a good catch up chat. We threw in there for a little while with no action. So we headed home to work on a new game plan.

But wait...what about Cookie's big day....

Oh ya

Swung by Sportsman to get a some reels spooled. Cookie noticed some good looking HUK fishing shirts and wanted to see if they fit. Dressing rooms seemed to be in the state of remodeling, so I told her to just pull it over her shirt where we stood. She did. It was a bit tight. I turned right about then to look at something to my left. I heard this pained yelp - "Help me". I turned around and found that in the process of trying to pull the Huk shirt back off it caught her shirt and peeled it off too. There my blushing bride sat in her bra, with the two shirts tangled  on her head. I, as the consummate gentleman, proceeded to pee my pants laughing so hard. She then pulled the whole mess off her head, jerked her shirt out and pulled it back on - inside out - and backwards. I did the pee and laugh thing double. She took off to the restroom trying to cover the tags with her hands. Later, when she asked me why I did not help her, I told her the truth - that the first thing that came to my mind is she just freaked out some kid watching the surveillance cameras, so she might as well of popped the snap on the bra and scrambled his brain for good. Besides its hard to help when in convulsions on the floor peeing your pants. I am sleeping in the trailer tonight if anyone wants to play cards and eat a hot dog. Bring your own hotdog.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lance, you're dang lucky you lived long enough to sleep in the camper......... Big Grin  but it was funny...SORRY Cookie  Angel 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That sounds like some low down, good for nothing, disrespectful Pirate. If I was her I would make you stay home the next fishing trip.

She is a good sport to put up with you. A tough gall indeed.

rj
Good news, the security person is not young, and would never divulge what he saw.

Bad news, now that you posted this, it may be a few more days in the camper. LOL
(05-07-2021, 12:25 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Good news, the security person is not young, and would never divulge what he saw.

Bad news, now that you posted this, it may be a few more days in the camper.  LOL

Steve. She told me if I posted it and you saw the footage that we would never be let back into the warehouse. I told her if you seen the footage you would hire her as the new Huk field rep. Lucky for me she finds the humor in the situation - me sleeping in the trailer - not the whole shirt incident
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
This is a setup, who told her to try it on over her current attire? Very suspicious  Blush Cookie will lay claim to any unclaimed fishing equipment.  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Not sure who Cowboy was with. I am sure I was home making dinner. If that had been me I would probably still be curled up in a ball in the lady's room rocking back and forth. Next time I pick the fishing trip so I don't require retail therapy to get over a skunk. Wink
Oh my gosh you two, I was laughing so hard that my wife asked me what I was laughing at.  So I read her the post.  Cookie, she agrees that the cowboy needs to be sleeping in the trailer.  But I did catch her snickering a bit out of the corner of my eye while reading it to her. She would have died of embarrassment if it was her.  Great post.  Everyone needs a little laughter in their lives.  Thank you for sharing.
Cookie is the new customer off the month at that store and she didn't have to buy anything....love the post you guys are hoots thanks for being you....good people
Nice post good laugh to start the day
Sorry about the bad suggestion on a fishing spot.  That has been good in the past.  But on Willard, every day is a new day.

No video of Cookie's "fashion show"?  That could earn you some bucks on one of those programs.
(05-07-2021, 11:32 AM)TubeDude Wrote: Sorry about the bad suggestion on a fishing spot.  That has been good in the past.  But on Willard, every day is a new day.

No video of Cookie's "fashion show"?  That could earn you some bucks on one of those programs.

No worries about the spot. We got a couple bumps right off, but I guess  they decided to follow the Pied Piper that came floating by on his float tube out into the bay. Wink
Good one! Sounds like the laugh was probably well worth a couple of nights in the camper.  The next time you are at Lincoln, wear everything you will need; there are no change rooms there... the again...  Kudos to Cookie, I'm sure she was eventually able to laugh at herself.

I have a framed sign in my home; a quote from old Ben Franklin himself: "Trouble knocked at the door, but hearing laughter, hurried away." It seems to be too easy for some folks to take themselves too seriously. Laughter can cure a lot of what ails ya. Good luck, or coverage Smile on your next trip.
Thanks everyone for helping me find the humor in my awkward day.
Here's to our next big adventure, whatever that might be!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: LAUGHING.jpg]  

https://images.app.goo.gl/vuNZ2sN27dPszq7q7