Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry May 8th
Anyone have luck for Kokanee this morning? On the water at 7:30, marked a lot of fish and threw everything we had at them. No luck! Got windy and decided to pack up around 11:00. Maybe next weekend!
it is starting to slow down we need the water temp to warm up
DVV, Were you on the Soldier Creek side or did you launch on Strawberry? I haven't been up since Wednesday (on SC). Caught kokanee but slower than on Tuesday (also SC). Thought I would give the Strawberry side a try on Tuesday.
(05-09-2021, 04:00 AM)DVanValkenburg Wrote: Anyone have luck for Kokanee this morning? On the water at 7:30, marked a lot of fish and threw everything we had at them. No luck! Got windy and decided to pack up around 11:00. Maybe next weekend!
it may be slower fishing due to the low pressure that came in friday night
Fished soldier side Sunday and it was really slow 3 kokes 2 rainbow and 2 cutts in 5hrs of fishing still better than staying home
We had same results Sat. Really slow - got on the water about 6:45 and off at 11:45. Boated 3 kokes, lost 2, and landed 3 or 4 cutts. No one else was doing any better. Marked lots of fish and had many come up Nd look only to go back down. Just seems they aren't as aggressive at the moment. Water was 42 degrees and they were all over in the column.
(05-09-2021, 06:56 PM)brookie Wrote: DVV, Were you on the Soldier Creek side or did you launch on Strawberry? I haven't been up since Wednesday (on SC). Caught kokanee but slower than on Tuesday (also SC). Thought I would give the Strawberry side a try on Tuesday.
Yeah, we were on the SC side. Slower day overall for us. Only caught two cutts all morning.

(05-09-2021, 08:18 PM)mtncat1 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 04:00 AM)DVanValkenburg Wrote: Anyone have luck for Kokanee this morning? On the water at 7:30, marked a lot of fish and threw everything we had at them. No luck! Got windy and decided to pack up around 11:00. Maybe next weekend!
it may be slower fishing due to the low pressure that came in friday night
I was wondering if that might have been the case.

(05-10-2021, 12:48 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: We had same results Sat.  Really slow - got on the water about 6:45 and off at 11:45.  Boated 3 kokes, lost 2, and landed 3 or 4 cutts.  No one else was doing any better.  Marked lots of fish and had many come up Nd look only to go back down.  Just seems they aren't as aggressive at the moment.  Water was 42 degrees and they were all over in the column.
I saw the same thing, marked a lot at many different depths. Did see a few marks that looked like they were coming up to take a look but no luck. It has been a few years since we have targeted the Kokanee so wasn't expecting much. We use to do pretty well at flaming gorge. Looking forward to figuring them out again!