Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
troutfecta
Saw a wind weather window fri morn
loaded the copirate furkid
took a drive to git the float on somewhere i used to fish back in my in young dude in a tube days
Was in the 30's when we got there fore 7
1st boat on the water from what i could see
[Image: IMG_7205_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

Cause i dont quantify much couldnt tell ya how many cast into the 10k it may take but spent an hour or so hoping a toothy apex predator
would consume 6'' of feathery junk 

[Image: 0507211623(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
didnt happen but it doesnt suck to give the chuck n do it right you shouldnt need to duck some big junk
the slimers were active and rising so i down sized  by 1/2
cutties
[Image: SavedImage_0507210920b(1).jpg?width=1920...fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_7206_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
bows

[Image: IMG_7214_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
and the tigger tor the trifecta
[Image: IMG_7212_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
winds cranked up

[Image: IMG_7216_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
anchored up in a cove and managed to excercise a few more up to 18"ish scrappy bows
waters low aint much comin in nor run off up there to come in
[Image: IMG_7222_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_7226_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
Encourage others and trying to consume water resources wisely doesnt sound like a bad plan
Maybe a dozen boats probably a good dozren yakers tubers suppers and assorted watercraft
Stopped by Uncle Cheeches  happy valley shop to grab sum food 4 fly flinging
man im glad i dont tie
seems like a lot of stuff to want but not really need involved
top notch shop with top notch gear service knowledge and staff
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Sounds like you had a really nice day on the water that you had to yourself no less, glad some fish wanted to play as well.
Thanks for the pictures and report.

We actually shared the water yesterday, my buddy and I were the tubers throwing flies in your area.

We helped the DWR with gillnetting in the morning when the weather was nice and calm.  By the time we got done and headed over to fish of course the wind came up and didn't let up all day.  Like you, we picked up the three species along with a crawdad and a chub.

Your furry friend is well behaved, I didn't know he was with until you got ready to leave and he woke up.

[Image: P1070016-2.jpg] [Image: P1070018-2.jpg] [Image: P1070020-2.jpg] [Image: P1070021-2.jpg] [Image: P1070023-2.jpg] [Image: IMG-0473.jpg] [Image: IMG-0478.jpg]  
Nice reports!

What did the gillnetting survey show?
(05-09-2021, 07:01 PM)doggonefishin Wrote: Nice reports! 

What did the gillnetting survey show?

Probably won't know the formal results for a couple of months.  It looked like the chub population is going down.  There were hardly any small chubs in the nets, which is a good thing.  There were very few tiger trout in the nets but the cutthroats seem to be doing better.  There was actually one Artic Grayling in the nets this time.  That's the first one I've seen since I've been helping with the netting  

I think some of those 34" TM are enjoying life in Scofield. Wink
Exclamation  That's a surprise. 

Don't remember reading about grayling in the management plan.   Wink
(05-10-2021, 12:51 AM)doggonefishin Wrote: Exclamation  That's a surprise. 

Don't remember reading about grayling in the management plan.   Wink

The biologist told me they have been stocking them in Gooseberry Reservoir for a few years so I guess it was to be expected for them to show up in Scofield but it was quite a surprise to me.
(05-09-2021, 05:26 PM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the pictures and report.

We actually shared the water yesterday, my buddy and I were the tubers throwing flies in your area.

We helped the DWR with gillnetting in the morning when the weather was nice and calm.  By the time we got done and headed over to fish of course the wind came up and didn't let up all day.  Like you, we picked up the three species along with a crawdad and a chub.

Your furry friend is well behaved, I didn't know he was with until you got ready to leave and he woke up.

[Image: P1070016-2.jpg] [Image: P1070018-2.jpg] [Image: P1070020-2.jpg] [Image: P1070021-2.jpg] [Image: P1070023-2.jpg] [Image: IMG-0473.jpg] [Image: IMG-0478.jpg]  

no thank you for sacrificing your morning to help the dnr figure out how their/our stocking and prey management programs and adding good content to the thread
I was gonna mention the part about the tubers i shared the water with bending the whippy sticks and gittin a few
Sorry for hogging the protected bay
and thanks fer reconferming my ya those toothy critters are living real well and could use a few minutes of hooked to the whippystick exercise
and props to the Madsen family for giving back large
[Image: IMG_7223_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
hope to share waters again
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom