Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard . May 10th
The rain cleared up this morning so I made a quick trip to the south marina and was fishing the feedlot by 9 AM. By noon the wind came up and the clouds were building so I headed for the barn.  Caught 7 or 8 kitties and invited two home for dinner. Most were caught between 8 and 10 FOW  dragging and drifting a flig tipped with sucker on one rod and a Santee rig with marinated chicken on the other. Today the Santee out fished the flig 2 to 1. Tomorrow might be different.  Good to see the water temp almost 60 degrees when I left.
(05-10-2021, 11:49 PM)FatBiker Wrote: The rain cleared up this morning so I made a quick trip to the south marina and was fishing the feedlot by 9 AM. By noon the wind came up and the clouds were building so I headed for the barn.  Caught 7 or 8 kitties and invited two home for dinner. Most were caught between 8 and 10 FOW  dragging and drifting a flig tipped with sucker on one rod and a Santee rig with marinated chicken on the other. Today the Santee out fished the flig 2 to 1. Tomorrow might be different.  Good to see the water temp almost 60 degrees when I left.

Larry, what kind of flies are those?
(05-11-2021, 12:30 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:49 PM)FatBiker Wrote: The rain cleared up this morning so I made a quick trip to the south marina and was fishing the feedlot by 9 AM. By noon the wind came up and the clouds were building so I headed for the barn.  Caught 7 or 8 kitties and invited two home for dinner. Most were caught between 8 and 10 FOW  dragging and drifting a flig tipped with sucker on one rod and a Santee rig with marinated chicken on the other. Today the Santee out fished the flig 2 to 1. Tomorrow might be different.  Good to see the water temp almost 60 degrees when I left.

Larry, what kind of flies are those?
Kent, I wish I'd have had my fly pole. Kitties are inching towards the rocks.
Good to read your report. I miss not being there. I often reminisce of paddling in the banana boat and often meeting up for a chat.

How's the knees holding up?

This big water down here has been a lot of fun(bigger cats), I just haven't been up to getting out. Hope that changes soon, I have a new moter that is supposed to get here the first of next month.

rj
Richard, Always good to hear from you. One knee replaced 18 months ago and the good knee is bone on bone. It gets done come October. Knees have limited my float tube days, but I've found a peddle kayak works well with gimpy knees. If you get up this way, give me a yell and we'll meet up out at the bay. Still getting your grandkids out on the water?
That's the best thing about the Hobie - it's gentle on the legs and arms.
Sounds like a great day Larry, thanks for the report... sure wish I could get away so i could come and give it a try... Oh well at least I have your reports... Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
It was good to meet you at the fish cleaning station.  We chatted for a bit.  Did you marinate the chicken in kool aid
Glad all is working so you are able to get on the water. If I head that way I will let you know, it would be good to chat. No! now that I am in Payson dont see the kids much. It has been hard to schedule anything.

rj
(05-12-2021, 03:32 PM)goose_716 Wrote: It was good to meet you at the fish cleaning station.  We chatted for a bit.  Did you marinate the chicken in kool aid

Pieces of chicken breast with a scoop of strawberry Kool aid. Leave it in the fridge overnight.