Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report thurs 5/13/21
Hit Willard today with a buddy got on the water about 10:00 in hindsight , we should have slept in and got there at 2 or later. Two trips now that action for us has been much better in the afternoon,
After much traveling north south east west and trolling with mid- shallow and deep running cranks . Had one decent cat and two  walleye  to show for about 5 hours of “fishing” we were thinking about Quiting or soaking some bait for Catfish. Then BAM ! About 3:30 we got 3  walleye in no time and on three different mid to deep running cranks lipped and lipless. I don’t think it was area as much as timing. Did not really mark any more fish than before, I think they just got more active?
We ended up with 8 walleye 3 cats and one small wiper and lost 2 walleye near the boat. So a very slow start turned into a pretty good day. We got them out in 14 to 16 feet in no mans land trolling about 2 mph!!

Now a rant!! This is the third time I have gone to use the fish cleaning station at North marina to find it in a mess. Prior persons left it stuffed with carcasses and messy so it would not work. We removed several wiper and other carcasses and were able to get it running and fed them in carefully and it chewed the right up.We left it much cleaner and In working condition. It is a nice feature to have working cleaning stations  and I wish people would take more care in the way they use it!!! 
Put carcasses in while it is running one at a time! It usually will handle them and continue to work well for all to use. Stuffing it and leaving is BS!!
I’m sure no one in this sight would be that careless so I’m
Probably shouting into the wind!!
Please think of others and leave cleaning stations better than you find them!
Mildog out
[Image: 262563-F5-BE23-41-E5-ADA9-6-BEDB25-DCEEC.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Sounds like a great afternoon bite! Congrats.
Ya done good - both fishing and cleaning up after some real anal openings.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Nice catch.  Nice clean up.  Done that clean up several times myself.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice seeing you there Mildog... For what its worth ... there are no rules at the N marina which may help even a phone number that you can call when it clogs up would be nice as well, but we too found it in the same condition only folks had re-stuffed it by the time we got there. We cleaned it out as best as we could and stay safe, we educated the ones who were there stuffing stuffing it further - no water running no pump turned on, then they helped us as best as we could empty what we could but still it was jammed up father than a safe reach. So we took our catch home to clean - there wasn't even anyone at the shack when you leave to even make a report.
Yes no info, no instructions no one at gate when we entered or when we left.
Something as simple as a sign explaining how to turn on and use it would be a big help!!
Good to see you guys again as well!
How did you do? Hopefully a good day!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
"[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]cleaned it out as best as we could and stay safe, we educated the ones who were there stuffing stuffing it further - no water running no pump turned on, then they helped us as best as we could empty what we could but still it was jammed up father than a safe reach". [/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]  I have found that station jammed up several times. Most of the times, I was able to reach in thru the feeder with long handled needle nose pliers and get all the carcasses out.  But once I actually took the feeder off of the grinder area mount by removing the sheet metal screws around the bottom which allowed unobstructed access to the grinder shoot. [/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]
[Image: 0138-How-I-found-it.jpg] North cleaning station  20 Sept 2018 - How I found it

[Image: 0139-2-Wiper-8-Catfish.jpg]    [Image: 0140-cover-removed.jpg]  Removed feeder cover  found 8 Catfish, 2 Wiper. [/font]

[Image: 0141-after-clearing.jpg]   Grinder shoot after cleaning / clearing

[Image: 0143-how-I-left-it.jpg]  After clearing, feeding carcasses back in one at a time, cleaning my own fish, reinstalled grinder cover, left it better than I found it.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool