Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville res
Been hitting gville a bit. No more browns since that one a few weeks ago but I have seen a couple cruise the surface and grabbing minnows just not takers, got a few smallies this week as well, heading out in the am as I finally got a little electric for my boat so hopefully it floats! Also got my rod from black mountain fishing rods, its awesome! If your
[Image: 1621123515889670942113205095892.jpg]

looking for a custom rod support local and you won't be disappointed 
[Image: 20210510-195506.jpg]

[Image: 20210510-191448.jpg]

[Image: 20210510-192216.jpg]
I like hearing that the smallies are waking up. They add some fun to a trip.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Caught 16 bows this morning between 630and930, all jigging a maniac minnow about 25 ft down kept 2 for dinner biggest was about 16"
Thats a nice rod, what blank, length, power and action is it. Cant beat a custom rod.
I can't remember the blank but its a 6'10" medium fast action i played with the Xtra fast but ended up liking the fast action more... I throw probably 90% soft plastics, If i throw anything else its probably cut bait for catfish

[Image: 20210510-191650.jpg]

[Image: 20210510-194600.jpg]

[Image: 20210510-194612.jpg]

I can tell ya, I have tried every line out there and this fireline braid is the jam! I use the 8lb in gray with a 6lb floro leader double unied onto it about 6' worth
Nice, I used a mhx blank med light, fast action 7' last year and loved it, been awesome for tossing jigs. I'm gonna do another one here soon.
Nice fish! I hit it twice last week in the morning. Nothing over 13" but they sure fight on the fly rod. Hoping to get back out this week a few times. Been trying to get into those 16 inchers on the fly rod. Hopefully I can get it done this week!
I've probably seen ya out there I think I hit it 3 times last week to ?, definitely center east side has been best, I took my boat yesterday shore fished the rest. Back can't handle the yak right now
(05-17-2021, 05:47 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I've probably seen ya out there I think I hit it 3 times last week to ?, definitely center east side has been best, I took my boat yesterday shore fished the rest. Back can't handle the yak right now

were you there Saturday morning? I was out in my kick boat from around 6 to 8. been trying to find some of those maniac minnows to try but haven't been able to track them down anywhere. I did just pick up some Simi Leaches to try in different colors. Picked up a white to try. Been using sinking line on my fly rod and the slightly bigger fish are definitely down deeper from what I have found.
(05-17-2021, 07:16 PM)DVanValkenburg Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 05:47 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I've probably seen ya out there I think I hit it 3 times last week to ?, definitely center east side has been best, I took my boat yesterday shore fished the rest. Back can't handle the yak right now

were you there Saturday morning? I was out in my kick boat from around 6 to 8. been trying to find some of those maniac minnows to try but haven't been able to track them down anywhere. I did just pick up some Simi Leaches to try in different colors. Picked up a white to try. Been using sinking line on my fly rod and the slightly bigger fish are definitely down deeper from what I have found.

I was there Thursday Friday and Sunday, Sunday I took my boat the others just shore fishing. Maniac is tough to find hes not making them much he took his website down and everything. I just ordered 200 more from him. I think a 3" curly tail in white or some sort of craw color would work to I just like the maniac minnows they have a slimmer design then a usual grub. I like to go opposite the wind and just drift back with the wind jigging the whole way 10 feet down to the bottom. The water is so clear the first few feet holds alot of fish but they'll see the boat and turn away
Let me see a picture of the minnows, might be able to help. Started using crappie fluke plastics this winter and they work great.