Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Willard trip with the dog
Got up this morning (Sat 5/15/21) Thanks to all vets for their service and sacrifice) and decided the weather looked better than expected and too nice to mow the lawn. Decided to go try for some wslleye. Batchin it this week and the dog needed a swim! Got on the water about 11 it was not as crowded as I Expected. Water temp 64 when I got out in the lake. Got a fish on in 5 minutes of trolling, I thought game on, turned out to be a decent catfish. Then nothing for a bit then another cat. Took a while, then finally got a walleye. Nothing for quite a while, then the wind started to pick up and I thought I might leave. Then the wind laid down to near nothing. So I decided to stick it out for a bit. Glad I did got 3 more eyes in pretty short order and lost one. 4 eyes and 2 cats in 3 hours and called it a day. The wind started to pick up a little so good timing.
All fish caught trolling 2 mph in 14 to 16 feet of water.
Countdown rap in clown, chrome blue Rat l trap and flicker shad.
Threw some dummies for Bella and gave her some retrieve practice and a nice swim. Much better option than mowing the lawn!!
All in all a nice quick trip!
[Image: 2-CDBF5-BD-CEA1-409-D-846-B-9-E6258-B02-A24.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Nice!!! I've only ever caught wiper amd crappie at Willard I may have to try it again!
(05-16-2021, 12:06 AM)Mildog Wrote: Got up this morning (Sat 5/15/21) Thanks to all vets for their service and sacrifice) and decided the weather looked better than expected and too nice to mow the lawn. Decided to go try for some wslleye. Batchin it this week and the dog needed a swim! Got on the water about 11 it was not as crowded as I Expected. Water temp 64 when I got out in the lake. Got a fish on in 5 minutes of trolling, I thought game on, turned out to be a decent catfish. Then nothing for a bit then another cat. Took a while, then finally got a walleye. Nothing for quite a while, then the wind started to pick up and I thought I might leave. Then the wind laid down to near nothing. So I decided to stick it out for a bit. Glad I did got 3 more eyes in pretty short order and lost one. 4 eyes and 2 cats in 3 hours and called it a day. The wind started to pick up a little so good timing.
All fish caught trolling 2 mph in 14 to 16 feet of water.
Countdown rap in clown, chrome blue Rat l trap and flicker shad.
Threw some dummies for Bella and gave her some retrieve practice and a nice swim. Much better option than mowing the lawn!!
All in all a nice quick trip!

Nice report and pic, glad the short trip paid off for you. Hey, you got the same filet knife I use, I love that thing. Do you bring an extension cord when using it at the Willard cleaning station?
There are a couple places to plug it at the North Marina cleaning station in so don't need an extension. I love the Mr twister the chisel tip blades are great for popping out walleye cheeks too. I’m not sure if this knife overall is as good as some Mr Twisters I have had. It’s only a couple years old and it seems
Like it is “slowing down”. I had one a few years back that lasted for about 10 years !! It finally failed to hold the blades in, the motor was still going strong!! I can’t even imagine how many fish it filleted!!
I’ve been using electric knives for more years than I want to admit. I “stole”my moms electric carving knife to fillet bluegills from Pelican when I was in high school. Could not even find an electric fillet knife back then. Got my first Mr Twister when I worked at Anglers inn in 1977 ! There are a lot of good ones now and I have owned or used most of them still like the Twister!
(05-16-2021, 03:41 AM)Mildog Wrote: There are a couple places to plug it at the North Marina cleaning station in so don't need an extension. I love the Mr twister the chisel tip blades are great for popping out walleye cheeks too. I’m not sure if this knife overall is as good as some Mr Twisters I have had. It’s only a couple years old and it seems
Like it is “slowing down”.  I had one a few years back that lasted for about 10 years !! It finally failed to hold the blades in, the motor was still going strong!! I can’t even imagine how many fish it filleted!!
I’ve been using electric knives for more years than I want to admit. I “stole”my moms electric carving knife to fillet bluegills from Pelican when I was in high school. Could not even find an electric fillet knife back then. Got my first Mr Twister when I worked at Anglers inn in 1977 ! There are a lot of good ones now and I have owned or used most of them still like the Twister!

If you use to work at Anglers Inn I likely ran into you there. I moved to Utah in 77, when I was stationed here and went to that store often. I've likely had my mister twister electric for 20 yrs and only replaced the blades once.
(05-16-2021, 03:41 AM)Mildog Wrote: There are a couple places to plug it at the North Marina cleaning station in so don't need an extension. I love the Mr twister the chisel tip blades are great for popping out walleye cheeks too. I’m not sure if this knife overall is as good as some Mr Twisters I have had. It’s only a couple years old and it seems
Like it is “slowing down”.  I had one a few years back that lasted for about 10 years !! It finally failed to hold the blades in, the motor was still going strong!! I can’t even imagine how many fish it filleted!!

We agree - having an electric fillet knife makes quick work of filleting! We too have tried several and like the mister twister over all and for the price can't beat it. 

Bet Bella really liked the fun trip.  Nice to see they got the cleaning station up and running once again too - so you clean that catch before heading back home.
Yep, filleted them
Up before I headed home.Cleaning station was clean and operational. Ate what I fed it and what another couple guys had as well. Gave them some pointers on tail first feeding the grinder in the chute. They had trouble with a cat going into the grinder, I Mentioned it does better tail first turned it around and no problem. The cleaning station at bullfrog seems to eat carcasses head first.
Bella loves to swim and retrieve so she had a blast. That dog has a motor that doesn’t stop!! Lol
She is getting good and patient in the boat while fishing, but she has to have
a swim / retrieve session before we head home.

(05-16-2021, 12:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

If you use to work at Anglers Inn I likely ran into you there. I moved to Utah in 77, when I was stationed here and went to that store often. I've likely had my mister twister electric for 20 yrs and only replaced the blades once.

I only worked there for 25 years, so most likely crossed paths. Met, learned and taught many great fishers and friends while working there. Enjoyed the time I was there very much. Too bad it is no longer, should be, but that’s another story!!
[quote pid="1118711" dateline="1621178438"]

[/quote]

(05-16-2021, 04:08 PM)TubeDude Wrote: [quote pid="1118711" dateline="1621178438"]

[quote pid="1118708" dateline="1621168956"]

I only worked there for 25 years, so most likely crossed paths. Met, learned and taught many great fishers and friends while working there. Enjoyed the time I was there very much. Too bad it is no longer, should be, but that’s another story!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hey.  I think I remember you.
Yes and we still need to get out. PM call or whatever I’m pretty open next week. Batchin it while the wife is away on a girls trip. Maybe we can finally make it out next week?? I have boat will travel..,
Walleyes cats or both??