Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Willard Pond?
(05-24-2021, 08:11 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 07:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 06:14 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: They turned it on on Friday.  I don't know if it was intended to stay on for now or just a test.

You have a point about the fishermen.  I don't know how long it would take to get this organized and I don't know how long before they start charging fees, is that not this next Saturday?

I think Fisheneer has connections within the Fisheries department so if you can tell me when the fees start and give me an idea of organization time for BFT, maybe he can see if the State can react that fast.

I tried to post a video of the energy dissipater at the top, but it won't load.  I included a still instead.
Interesting, I thought that might be what you were talking about but I was not sure what it did.
I think it's already too late to launch for free but if not it will be by this coming Sat. It would be great if the DWR could work out some deal with the contractors of the PV launch to allow members to launch one day for free on a weekend but there are a bunch of members that are retired that could go during the week. If all else fails, this idea would work this Fall after the contractors stop collecting fees. 

What is this energy dissipater you are talking about.
When water is pumped, it develops pressure.  If the pressure is not consistent, either to the depth of the pond, a power surge, etc., it can cause overflow and erosion at the drop point at top.  On water pipes for commercial or residential use they have baffles to prevent the surges (often called water hammer) that happen more often than you think.  For this system, the dissipater serves that purpose without requiring pre-pressured baffles.

It is located at the top, at the outlet of the waterfall.  When open, we can actually walk to it and look into the grate.