Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake shore fishing
Hey everyone i thought it was time for me to sign up for BFT, i have been reading your post for a number of months and decided it was time.
My job takes me around Bear Lake twice a week and when the ice comes off i would like to fish the lake. I would be coming around the south end of the lake heading for Logan canyon. I have thought about stopping and fishing some spots right before i get to Ideal beach resort.
I know that my Dad and Grandpa have used spoons and spinners to catch some NICE cuts.
What would you recommend to use and spots to try?
I've had luck in the past for cutts chunking a hammered brass spoon off the jetty at the mouth of Swan Creek. They hang in the flowing water.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Welcome dude I think you will enjoy it here. Give this guy alot of info on bear lake so he can take me with him. Jk.
[signature]
Hey UintaBrook welcome to BFT!
[signature]
In general, you have to get your lure into deeper water if you're trying for trout. That means fishing off dikes on the west side because it gets deep slowly. The State Park Marina dike is the main place I cast lures on the west side. It's not much further north then Logan Canyon so it wouldn't be out of your way. I've done Ok with a brass Jakes with red dots. The north and south sides are also shallow but there aren't any dikes to speak of. The east side gets deep quick so you can get your lure into deep water easily. You can long line with bait (cisco) off any of the shores if you can get your bait into deeper water. That requires swimming it out on a tube or using a big surf rod with a big clear bubble full of water for casting weight unless your on the east side.

Welcome to the board!
[signature]
I will be fishing the lake right as the ice comes off so i hope to be able to catch the fish in the shalows. Any thing off my route would be out of the way since i will be in a company truck i would not be able to fish any where but between rondavue and garden city.
[signature]