Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website image problem????
Curt, recent changes have created two issues for me. First the whole pictures aren't shown and I can't click on them to get a closer view, so I am not able to score the recent catfish contest photo's. It has also made it so I can't reply to a specific post any longer. It brings up a screen like I should be able to reply, but I can't ever get the cursor to appear so I can type in the field... Both of these issues are shutting me down from being able to do my mod job efficiently, can you get something corrected on these issues? Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I tried to get on the site about 11:00 today (5.26.21).  The site was down, timed out every time I tried to access it with any browser.

Now that I am back on, I can attach add attachments that must be downloaded, but pictures, no matter how small, do not show up on the site automatically.  

I see that other people are also having issues and can't post pictures anymore.
I can't upload pictures. help got some fish to enter in the Grandslam
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(05-26-2021, 11:21 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 02:44 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 01:48 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I am having the same issue trying to post pictures.  The function is not there for me anymore.  It says I can post an attachment, but when I try it says my file is too large.  I gues I can try and downsize it, but it was so much easier before.

Yea, I found that as well, when I tried to post the pic of the brown above, I resized it and it posted just fine.

The "Post Attachment" button has been working fine.  But it is not for pictures.  It is for text files...like PDF.  It is the way I post PDF files.  But it limits them to 2 mb.  A high resolution picture can often be too large to post with the attachment feature.

Also, there is no similar option available for adding PDF files to PMs.  I get requests for some of my info writeups by PM and I can't send them.

Getting to be a real chore using this forum.
Yes, I've run into the same issue, it works fine as long as the pic file isn't too big. Remember way back when, we use to have to resize almost all pics? This was the fix they came up with to for the problem with the site redirecting you when they clicked on a pic to enlarge it. You told me a few weeks ago that it was taking you to a site that was advertising something you did not want to be seeing. Guess until they find another solution we can't have it both ways, you either get redirected to that site, that you don't like or we live with it the way it is, at least for the time being. I know this is a hassle but hopefully it will be resolved before long.
(05-26-2021, 02:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Curt, recent changes have created two issues for me.  First the whole pictures aren't shown and I can't click on them to get a closer view, so I am not able to score the recent catfish contest photo's.  It has also made it so I can't reply to a specific post any longer.  It brings up a screen like I should be able to reply, but I can't ever get the cursor to appear so I can type in the field... Both of these issues are shutting me down from being able to do my mod job efficiently, can you get something corrected on these issues?  Thanks Jeff

Jeff, read my last reply above. Until this issue is resolved, you have two ways to deal with this problem, either you resize the pics or you have members resize the pics. This the way we use to always do it many years ago and there are plenty of apps to accomplish this task. For now it is what it is, hopefully they will have a fixed asap.
(05-26-2021, 06:17 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: I tried to get on the site about 11:00 today (5.26.21).  The site was down, timed out every time I tried to access it with any browser.

Now that I am back on, I can attach add attachments that must be downloaded, but pictures, no matter how small, do not show up on the site automatically.  

I see that other people are also having issues and can't post pictures anymore.
Yes, I had the same issue for a number of hours this morning. I was using Chrome, I finally gave up and tried IE and had no problem. Now Chrome is working. This has all been reported to the tech guy. I had no problem posting pics yesterday, let me see what happens now.

(05-26-2021, 06:25 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: I can't upload pictures. help got some fish to enter in the Grandslam

John, read my reply above, try to resize your pic and it should work fine.
I'll try to resize but I dont even see the add image button anymore
There's Always Time For One More Cast
To deal with the issue I was going to have folks just text me the catfish photo's since i can't zoom in on the pictures to read the scales since they are too blown out... But now it won't let me put text into a PM to send out my cell number... Somehow their fix, really fixed it...now it's not possible to do what I need to to run a contest... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(05-28-2021, 01:18 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: I'll try to resize but I dont even see the add image button anymore

Here is what I'm doing John, let me know if you can see this or not:
About 7" below the area where you write the post, it says, "Attachments", then below that it says,"Choose files" and to the right it says,"Add Attachments". I played with it a little to see how it works but it works as long as the file isn't too big.

If the file is too big, I just resize it until it's the right size, then it will post just fine. I know this is a lot of extra effort but until the tech guy comes up with another fix, that is what we are stuck with. The bigger issue is that option is not available when sending a PM. Hopefully they will get it fixed asap