Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White bass action at Lincoln Beach?
Does anyone have a current update on wb at LB?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

IvI've got a buddy who went last week and slayed them! Caught over 50 in 3 hours. The spawn is on 100%
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Thanks for the report. A friend that fished there yesterday caught quite a few, too. The catfishing was good, as well.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Nothing for Lincoln, but they are (or were) in thick in the Provo in the park. That was the 28th. Standard curly tail grub and crappie jigs were working, but the real winner was spinners. Roostertails, Mepps, Panther Martin, and bullet spinners were absolutely lights out. Hoping to get out there again tomorrow for some more taco fixings.
I was at Lincoln early Sat. morning -- as a spectator, still on injured reserved for another week after doc added some more stainless steel to my hoof. He threatened me with amputation or worse if I got his needle work wet so no fishin' for at least another week. Not much action observed at the launch area early as I left around 8 or so. A pretty stiff wind in the open sea and only 3-4 boats out. Saw several groups walking out to the end of the launch channel so there may have been more bass and cat catchin" there. Drove around to Mulberry, few fishers and rough seas.

Fishing is not a spectator sport. Sad  I hope to be back in action nest week.
Update:  Was at Lincoln early this morning (Tues.). Tuff seeing the dead calm water and not being able to get out. Only one boat out, a catter who was working the BS and springs areas. I made a few casts from the ramp with a curly tail -- nuffin. Looked for carp activity south of the Lincoln ramp and could not see any carp doing their thing. Drove around to Mulberry and noted a lot of carp activity out from the Lincoln Point access parking area. Thought of throwing a few rocks at them but moved on instead.

One cat fisher at Mulberry but he had not had any luck. The wb were active close to the shore as they fed on a weak midge hatch that was in progress. I chucked my curly tail out and started catching wb but not really fast action. They were close to shore, mostly snarfing the midges as they emerged. All of the wb were young males probably anticipating their first love experience. Saw my friend the gray mink swim by again. Pretty sure she has a family there somewhere. Caught and released a couple dozen wb -- it felt good. 

I hope to be back in action within a week. The cats are out there just waiting to be caught.
How is the water level right now relative to the reeds/frags?
(06-01-2021, 05:32 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: How is the water level right now relative to the reeds/frags?

Still looks pretty good to me. Plenty of places to reach the reeds with a little caution. Launching still looks good... for now.