Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried about TubeDude
I put in at Willard North this morning and saw Pat's Blazer there. I didn't see him anywhere on the lake and at 1 pm his Blazer was still there. That's later than he usually leaves, and the wind and waves had risen considerably. I told the young lady at the entrance booth (the only official I could  find) about my concerns and she said she'd notify the Ranger, but she didn't seem too interested in my concerns. 

I hope the old phardt is okay.
Rocky, I think he swallowed his pride and did a boat trip.
(05-25-2021, 07:59 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I put in at Willard North this morning and saw Pat's Blazer there. I didn't see him anywhere on the lake and at 1 pm his Blazer was still there. That's later than he usually leaves, and the wind and waves had risen considerably. I told the young lady at the entrance booth (the only official I could  find) about my concerns and she said she'd notify the Ranger, but she didn't seem too interested in my concerns. 

I hope the old phardt is okay.

He’s ok, was out with me in my boat (parked next to my truck and trailer). We got off the water about 1:30
Hmmm....  will be watching for a follow up report on this -- hopefully by the old water rat himself. Already had too many water tragedies this year.
Nice to know that my fellow BFTers are concerned about my welfare.  Too bad the fishies didn't exhibit more hospitality.  One small catfish away from a skunk.  That's what I get for lowering my standards and getting in a boat.

Thanks, Alan, for the enjoyable BS session...in between your two walleyes and my cat.
(05-25-2021, 09:20 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Nice to know that my fellow BFTers are concerned about my welfare.  Too bad the fishies didn't exhibit more hospitality.  One small catfish away from a skunk.  That's what I get for lowering my standards and getting in a boat.

Thanks, Alan, for the enjoyable BS session...in between your two walleyes and my cat.

Anytime Pat, hopefully next time the fish will cooperate more and we will get lost at the cleaning station
That's a relief. Not seeing the red tube anywhere conjured up some unpleasant images. For the record, I continued my unbroken string of 2021 skunks at Willard. The one thing I've proven is where they ain't! (Or that they really don't like boats!)
(05-25-2021, 11:33 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: That's a relief. Not seeing the red tube anywhere conjured up some unpleasant images. For the record, I continued my unbroken string of 2021 skunks at Willard. The one thing I've proven is where they ain't! (Or that they really don't like boats!)
I can synthesize with that observation.

Sorry I caused you so much concern.  But flattered that you care, sweetie.
Big Grin 
"... concerned about my welfare"??? Actually, I think most of us were just wanting to get first chance at salvage rights on that big fancy tube of yours.  Smile Smile 

Glad all is well.
(05-26-2021, 12:43 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: "... concerned about my welfare"??? Actually, I think most of us were just wanting to get first chance at salvage rights on that big fancy tube of yours.  Smile Smile 

Glad all is well.

Alas, poor Yorick.  We knowed him well.  But now that he's gone let's go through his pockets.  Right?
Well that was an adventure, when it wasn't one... Glad all is well... Sorry the catch rate wasn't your usual for either one of you, but Willard can do that... Sure beat pushing computer keys though... Thanks for the adventure... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Pat is a shifty fellow, you should always keep a close eye on him!
In fact, when I took him on a boat ride to Starvation another boat full of people anchored super close to us just to keep an eye on him.
(05-26-2021, 11:31 PM)MrShane Wrote: Pat is a shifty fellow, you should always keep a close eye on him!
In fact, when I took him on a boat ride to Starvation another boat full of people anchored super close to us just to keep an eye on him.
You mean these guys?  I thought they just wanted to see the guy (you) who let his line get tangled in the bow mount motor while it was on spot lock.

(05-25-2021, 09:20 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Nice to know that my fellow BFTers are concerned about my welfare.  Too bad the fishies didn't exhibit more hospitality.  One small catfish away from a skunk.  That's what I get for lowering my standards and getting in a boat.

See, that's what I'm afraid will happen the minute I put down my recurves and longbows.  The elk will stop giving me 25 yard shots.
Funny isn't it, whenever people move in on you, or almost run over you, they always look the other way. they know they are doing the wrong thing and don't want to make eye contact!
Life is not about how to avoid the storm but rather how to dance in the rain!
(05-27-2021, 03:57 PM)wyoguy Wrote: Funny isn't it, whenever people move in on you, or almost run over you, they always look the other way.  they know they are doing the wrong thing and don't want to make eye contact!
Happens to me in the float tube all the time.  They just pretend I'm not there...with the boat sometimes even bumping my tube.  I sometimes offer to let them fish in the tube with me, but they usually don't get it.

The guys in that boat were actually moving around and we were on spot lock.  They really did almost run over us and justified it by saying..."This is where we were fishing last week"...as if that entitled them to the spot.

Can't believe how many times I have been bottom bouncing or dragging a flig when a boater runs right over my lines only a few feet away from me.  Biggest craft has the right of way.

As I recall you have had run in's with that boat before !! As to worrying about you, I gave up on that 25 - 30 years ago !! Could never keep up with you, never keep track of you, so I gave up. Really though !! Glad to see/hear that this all turned out OK. You are a great asset to everyone that knows you, so stay safe my friend !!!
(05-27-2021, 07:30 PM)Therapist Wrote: As I recall you have had run in's with that boat before !!  As to worrying about you,  I gave up on that 25 - 30 years ago !!  Could never keep up with you, never keep track of you, so I gave up.  Really though !!  Glad to see/hear that this all turned out OK.  You are a great asset to everyone that knows you,  so stay safe my friend !!!
Thanks fer the kindly comments, Matt.  But about the "asset" thing.  Probably more emphasis on the first syllable.

Are you getting out on the water?  Should be some spring bassin' on tap.
Nothing screams ‘Fish On’ like a line getting tangled in a slow moving MinnKota prop.
It will raise your heart beat every time!!
(05-27-2021, 08:45 PM)MrShane Wrote: Nothing screams ‘Fish On’ like a line getting tangled in a slow moving MinnKota prop.
It will raise your heart beat every time!!
Yeah.  I noticed how excited you got there for a minute...screaming "Big rainbow".  But alas, the end result was a trolling motor that wouldn't work and we had no spot lock.  Had to resort to "washing lures" on the way back to the ramp.

For some of us, it is good to jump start the heart and get the adrenaline going once in a while.  For us older guys it can be dangerous.