Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow day at Willard today
Ira and I launched at Willard this morning, just after the gate opened. Started off bottom bouncing with worm harness and had the first fish in the boat at 7:30am. The catching was slow but we managed three eyes, one 12" perch and a nice bluegill, all on firetiger worm harnesses. Toward the end of the morning we decided to start trolling cranks and picked up one more eye. Saw Tubedude there as well a 2 knots, good seeing you two. 

Great seeing you guys, I think you did very well considering the lack of nets we saw. Did you see those guys running the planner boards and filming, I could swear when the one guy hooked up by us it was Eckel’s voice
(05-25-2021, 11:12 PM)2knots Wrote: Great seeing you guys, I think you did very well considering the lack of nets we saw. Did you see those guys running the planner boards and filming, I could swear when the one guy hooked up by us it was Eckel’s voice

You are correct Alan, that was indeed Adam Eakle.
think tomorrow will start out trolling cranks  take some under water cameras and put a camera on my fishfinder
It will be hard to fish there  without being with Ira and Curt.

I think Alan fishes  more than I do.
(05-25-2021, 11:42 PM)liketrolling Wrote: think tomorrow will start out trolling cranks  take some under water cameras and put a camera on my fishfinder
It will be hard to fish there  without being with Ira and Curt.

I think Alan fishes  more than I do.

Lol Robert
Yup you two are living my dream.... glad you can get out and enjoy the fun.... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Okay.  I can see your pictures fine.  How did you post them?  I still do not have an image posting option on my screen when posting here.
We launched yesterday ~10:30 from the north marina, just as another boat was pulling out.  Pretty fancy, a Vexus with a 300HP Mercury on the back.  Spoke to them while my friend parked the truck.  They were helpful, but we fished a different area.  Thinking one of them might have been Adam in retrospect.  Pulling cranks, SR5's and 7's mostly, ~70' back off planer boards.  Ended up with 4 'eyes, pretty small with the largest just over 17', all female.  Color didn't seem to matter much.  No wipers at all.  Tried everything from the SR's to Thin Fins shallow to Wally Divers just off the bottom.  Turbid water and quite low, maybe 7'-8' below full pool, 63F-64F.  Pleasant day, and maybe a bit better than my expectations.

Note:  The cleaning station was operational.  One of the spray nozzles was broken, but the other hose worked.  Nice to be able to take home just fillets.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Okay.  I can see your pictures fine.  How did you post them?  I still do not have an image posting option on my screen when posting here.

Have you tried attaching the picture as an 'file' and then once its listed, click the  'insert file into post' button? I had to do it this way earlier today.
(05-26-2021, 06:53 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Okay.  I can see your pictures fine.  How did you post them?  I still do not have an image posting option on my screen when posting here.

Have you tried attaching the picture as an 'file' and then once its listed, click the  'insert file into post' button? I had to do it this way earlier today.
AMAZING!  It does work...until our techs tweak it and it doesn't.  Sorry to be Nellie Negative.

Oh yeah.  It has not fixed the PM thing.  Now we can neither attach pic OR files to a PM.
(05-26-2021, 08:44 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 06:53 PM)jjannie Wrote:

AMAZING!  It does work...until our techs tweak it and it doesn't.  Sorry to be Nellie Negative.
What Jil suggested is just what I did yesterday, works fine, just have to resize the pics if they are too big.
(05-25-2021, 10:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Ira and I launched at Willard this morning, just after the gate opened. Started off bottom bouncing with worm harness and had the first fish in the boat at 7:30am. The catching was slow but we managed three eyes, one 12" perch and a nice bluegill, all on firetiger worm harnesses. Toward the end of the morning we decided to start trolling cranks and picked up one more eye. Saw Tubedude there as well a 2 knots, good seeing you two. 

I was there on Tuesday also!   I only caught one Wiper and it wasn't very big.   Definitely a slow bite.  I was in a red Tracker.  I think I got there about 6:20 or so and left at noon.   I was mostly testing out some stuff on the boat, but figured I'd take the poles.  With the low front moving in I didn't expect much and my expectations were met.  
I saw ONE fish caught by another boat and it was also a small wiper.   

I've never used worm harnesses at Willard, maybe I should start. The cranks sure weren't doing it.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
(05-27-2021, 06:14 AM)N.E.T.O. Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 10:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Ira and I launched at Willard this morning, just after the gate opened. Started off bottom bouncing with worm harness and had the first fish in the boat at 7:30am. The catching was slow but we managed three eyes, one 12" perch and a nice bluegill, all on firetiger worm harnesses. Toward the end of the morning we decided to start trolling cranks and picked up one more eye. Saw Tubedude there as well a 2 knots, good seeing you two. 

I was there on Tuesday also!   I only caught one Wiper and it wasn't very big.   Definitely a slow bite.  I was in a red Tracker.  I think I got there about 6:20 or so and left at noon.   I was mostly testing out some stuff on the boat, but figured I'd take the poles.  With the low front moving in I didn't expect much and my expectations were met.  
I saw ONE fish caught by another boat and it was also a small wiper.   

I've never used worm harnesses at Willard, maybe I should start. The cranks sure weren't doing it.

Glad you got out too bad the catching wasn't better for you. What side of the lake were you fishing?