Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 27 May - Two Walleye
Thursday, 27 May 2021. Trolled Willard today in my toon (2pm -7pm, 69F water temp). I caught two pan-sized Walleye in that amount of time (better than a Willard skunk). Area covered was South Marina to Hog Farm to big island (can't go far in a toon). Deepest water was 16'. Both were caught in deeper water (openness). I tried many things but both were caught on the same 2.5" fire-tiger pattern crank bait and nothing else got hit. I was long lining with lures running about 5-7' below the surface. Water was calm except all the waves from the power squadron. About 50 trailers in the parking lot, 60% fishermen and 40% power squadron.
Thanks that was a very informative report... appreciate the info... Are the bugs getting as thick as the power squad? Skeeters are starting to get nasty up my way, so figured the fun will be going good at Willard... Maybe that's a good use of those COVID masks.... Keeping the bugs out so you can sort of breathe... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Glad you were able to get out.  And glad you dodged the Willard smelly kitty.

Rock, paper, scissors.  Even one small walleye beats a skunk.  You got two.  Hope it's better next time.
Thanks for the report. We experienced the same last time we went out. But also found quite a few fish shallow on humps that saved the day. Sunday and Monday we will see what happens. The Walleye are calling!